There are schools offering design programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Design Programs in Pennsylvania
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a design program is University of Pennsylvania, which is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, it was ranked 4th nationwide. 5 students graduated with a degree in design from University of Pennsylvania in 2010. University of Pennsylvania charged in-state students $40,514 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a design program is Carnegie Mellon University, which is located in Pittsburgh. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. 45 students graduated with degree in design from Carnegie Mellon University in 2010. Carnegie Mellon University charged in-state students $42,136 in tuition fees per year.
Temple University, which is located in Philadelphia, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a design program. It received a ranking of 24th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Temple University graduated 41 students from its design programs. Students at Temple University paid $12,424 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Pennsylvania's design schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $16,410 per year, though tuition can range from $42,136 per year to $2,700 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Carnegie Mellon University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $42,136 per year
- University of Pennsylvania - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $40,514 per year
- Lehigh University - located in Bethlehem, students are charged $39,780 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Pennsylvania design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Westmoreland County Community College - located in Youngwood, students are charged $2,700 per year
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Community College of Beaver County - located in Monaca, students are charged $2,796 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as fashion design or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Design in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Design in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Design in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Design in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Commercial and Industrial Designers||1,920||$59,920||53.6%|
|Set and Exhibit Designers||340||$35,000||-22.7%|
|Designers, All Other||150||$55,640||-60.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are design related jobs in Pennsylvania