There are schools offering education degrees in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Education Programs in Pennsylvania
Around 3.2% of Pennsylvania's graduates graduate from education degree programs every year. That means an estimated 12,356 education professionals graduate from Pennsylvania's 110 education schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a education program is University of Pennsylvania. University of Pennsylvania, which was ranked 4th in the country in 2010, is located in Philadelphia. 241 students graduated with a degree in education from University of Pennsylvania in 2010. Tuition at University of Pennsylvania was $40,514 per year.
Swarthmore College, which is located in Swarthmore, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a education program. It received a ranking of 15th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 24 students graduated from Swarthmore College education program. Tuition at Swarthmore College was $39,600 per year.
Temple University, which is located in Philadelphia, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a education program. It received a ranking of 24th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 603 students graduated from Temple University education program. Temple University charged in-state students $12,424 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Pennsylvania education school, average tuition will be $18,947 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,720 per year to $42,342 per year. In 2010, the education schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Bucknell University - located in Lewisburg, students are charged $42,342 per year
- Gettysburg College - located in Gettysburg, students are charged $41,070 per year
- University of Pennsylvania - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $40,514 per year
The education schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Community College of Beaver County - located in Monaca, students are charged $2,796 per year
- Luzerne County Community College - located in Nanticoke, students are charged $3,090 per year
An education degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
Many Pennsylvania education graduates become a postsecondary vocational teacher, social science teacher, postsecondary teacher, elementary school teacher, and business teacher. In 2010, there were 135,060 education professional working in Pennsylvania, including 4,960 instructional coordinators, 6,690 postsecondary vocational teachers, and 70 social science teachers. The Pennsylvania counties with the largest populations of education professional are:
- Bucks County - 42,070 education professionals
- Allegheny County - 23,910 education professionals
- Warren County - 8,690 education professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of education professionals is expected to shrink by 0% by 2018. There are projected to be 133,800 education professionals working in Pennsylvania then. Of these 133,800 education professionals, the government predicts that 5,450 will be instructional coordinators, an unknown number will be postsecondary vocational teachers, and an unknown number will be social science teachers.
On average, education professionals earn a salary of $67,517 per year in Pennsylvania state. However, this number is only an average. Education professional in Pennsylvania had varying salaries from $16,210 to $157,980 per year in 2010. The following counties in Pennsylvania have the highest average salaries for education professionals:
- Allegheny County - $70,416 per year
- Bucks County - $69,174 per year
- Warren County - $68,066 per year
The Pennsylvania counties with the lowest average salary for education professionals are:
- Centre County - $45,713 per year
- Cambria County - $50,170 per year
- Blair County - $50,320 per year
The education professionals with highest average salaries in Pennsylvania were:
- Health Specialties Teacher - $114,840 per year
- Business Teacher - $83,240 per year
- Computer Science Teacher - $80,940 per year
On average, the lowest paid education professionals in Pennsylvania were:
- Postsecondary Vocational Teacher - $50,340 per year
- Literacy Teacher - $43,780 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as teaching or elementary education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Education in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Education in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Education in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Education in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Education in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||60,740||$53,960||-12.5%|
|Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education||29,350||$58,740||9.7%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||6,690||$50,340||8.1%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||6,530||$53,880|
|Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary||6,160||$114,840||-22.0%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||4,540||$83,240||21.7%|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||4,480||$69,210||33.3%|
|Postsecondary Teachers, All Other||3,220||$74,500||-47.6%|
|Mathematical Science Teachers, Postsecondary||2,890||$75,710||11.6%|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||2,260||$43,780||9.7%|
|Computer Science Teachers, Postsecondary||1,980||$80,940||13.1%|
|Career/Technical Education Teachers, Middle School||600||$59,190||-9.1%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||590||$76,750||3.5%|
|Social Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary, All Other||70||$59,820||40.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are education related jobs in Pennsylvania