There are schools offering electrician courses in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Electrician Training Programs in Pennsylvania
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of Pennsylvania receive electrician training certificates every year. Thus, Pennsylvania's 33 electrician schools put out approximately 1,073 electricians each year.
Johnson College, which is located in Scranton, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a electrician program. It received a ranking of 36th in the country in 2010. 20 students graduated with a certificate in electrician from Johnson College in 2010. The tuition rate at Johnson College was $15,872 per year.
Penn Commercial Business/Technical School, which was ranked 63rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a electrician program. It is located in Washington. In 2010, Penn Commercial Business/Technical School graduated 36 students from its electrician program. Students at Penn Commercial Business/Technical School paid $20,600 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a electrician program is Dean Institute of Technology, which is located in Pittsburgh. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, Dean Institute of Technology graduated 19 students from its electrician programs. The tuition rate at Dean Institute of Technology was $11,600 per year.
If you choose to attend a Pennsylvania electrician school, average tuition will be $6,567 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,720 per year to $20,600 per year. The Pennsylvania electrician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Penn Commercial Business/Technical School - located in Washington, students are charged $20,600 per year
- Johnson College - located in Scranton, students are charged $15,872 per year
- Triangle Tech Inc-Sunbury - located in Sunbury, students are charged $15,026 per year
The electrician schools in Pennsylvania that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Luzerne County Community College - located in Nanticoke, students are charged $3,090 per year
- Lehigh Carbon Community College - located in Schnecksville, students are charged $3,120 per year
An electrician certificate from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
Most people who graduate from electrician school in Pennsylvania go on to work as an electrician. Pennsylvania had 20,770 electricians in 2010. The Pennsylvania counties with the largest populations of electricians are:
- Bucks County - 6,720 electricians
- Allegheny County - 4,750 electricians
- Cumberland County - 1,040 electricians
An electrician in Pennsylvania makes an average of $55,940 per year. However, Pennsylvania electricians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $23,300 per year to more than $109,330 per year in 2010. The counties in Pennsylvania with the highest average salary for an electrician are:
- Bucks County - $69,890 per year
- Warren County - $58,270 per year
- Allegheny County - $53,390 per year
The following counties in Pennsylvania have the lowest average salaries for electricians:
- Lycoming County - $35,520 per year
- Adams County - $37,560 per year
- Lancaster County - $39,050 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in electrician training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as automotive or HVAC.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrician Training in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Electrician Training in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Electrician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||6,840||$54,040||19.2%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment||4,930||$48,990||91.8%|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||4,740||$58,220||66.9%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay||1,360||$62,410||41.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrician related jobs in Pennsylvania