There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Pennsylvania
Each year, roughly 1.2% of Pennsylvania students graduate with degrees in elementary education. Thus, Pennsylvania's 79 elementary education schools put out approximately 4,814 elementary educators each year.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a elementary education program is University of Pennsylvania. University of Pennsylvania, which was ranked 4th in the country in 2010, is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, 53 students graduated from University of Pennsylvania's elementary education program. The tuition rate at University of Pennsylvania was $40,514 per year.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a elementary education program is Temple University, which is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, it was ranked 24th nationwide. In 2010, Temple University graduated 375 students from its elementary education program. Temple University charged in-state students $12,424 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a elementary education program is Drexel University, which is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, it was ranked 24th nationwide. In 2010, Drexel University graduated 1 students from its elementary education programs. Tuition at Drexel University was $33,000 per year.
If you choose to attend a Pennsylvania elementary education school, average tuition will be $20,333 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,796 per year to $42,342 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bucknell University - located in Lewisburg, students are charged $42,342 per year
- University of Pennsylvania - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $40,514 per year
- Villanova University - located in Villanova, students are charged $39,930 per year
The following Pennsylvania elementary education schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Community College of Beaver County - located in Monaca, students are charged $2,796 per year
- Montgomery County Community College-Central Campus - located in Blue Bell, students are charged $3,510 per year
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg - located in Harrisburg, students are charged $3,835 per year
An elementary education degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
A large number of Pennsylvania elementary education graduates become elementary educators. If you decide to work as an elementary educator in Pennsylvania, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 60,740 Pennsylvania elementary educators as of 2010. In Pennsylvania, the largest numbers of elementary educators work in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 17,690 elementary educators
- Allegheny County - 9,450 elementary educators
- Warren County - 4,770 elementary educators
The government projects that the number of elementary educators in Pennsylvania will grow by 2%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 83,500 elementary educators working in Pennsylvania.
An elementary educator in Pennsylvania makes an average of $53,960 per year. In 2010, however, some Pennsylvania elementary educators earned as little as less than $22,530 per year or as much as more than $88,460 per year. The following counties in Pennsylvania have the highest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Lancaster County - $60,710 per year
- Warren County - $59,150 per year
- York County - $58,870 per year
An elementary educator in the following counties in Pennsylvania make the lowest salaries on average:
- Cambria County - $46,040 per year
- Bedford County - $46,790 per year
- Blair County - $46,850 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in elementary education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Elementary Education in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||60,740||$53,960||-12.5%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||10,030||$55,410|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||8,740||$93,190||2.1%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||6,530||$53,880|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Pennsylvania