There are schools offering EMT training in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in Pennsylvania
Around 0.0% of Pennsylvania's graduates graduate from emergency medical training certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 103 emergency medical technicians graduate from Pennsylvania's 10 EMT schools.
The Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, which was ranked 67th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a EMT program. It is located in Reading. 30 students graduated with a certificate in EMT from The Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences in 2010. Students at The Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences paid $14,095 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a EMT program is All-State Career School. All-State Career School, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Essington. 19 students graduated with certificate in EMT from All-State Career School in 2010.
Lancaster County Career and Technology Center, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a EMT program. It is located in Willow Street. In 2010, Lancaster County Career and Technology Center graduated 0 students from its EMT programs. Tuition at Lancaster County Career and Technology Center was $0 per year.
Tuition at Pennsylvania's EMT schools ranges from $14,095 per year to $3,090 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,675 per year. The Pennsylvania EMT schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- The Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences - located in Reading, students are charged $14,095 per year
- Tri-State Business Institute - located in Erie, students are charged $13,800 per year
- Pennsylvania College of Technology - located in Williamsport, students are charged $13,080 per year
The EMT schools in Pennsylvania that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Luzerne County Community College - located in Nanticoke, students are charged $3,090 per year
- Northampton County Area Community College - located in Bethlehem, students are charged $3,270 per year
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg - located in Harrisburg, students are charged $3,835 per year
An EMT certificate from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
Most people who graduate from EMT school in Pennsylvania go on to work as an emergency medical technician. In 2010, there were 12,760 emergency medical technicians working in Pennsylvania. The largest populations of Pennsylvania emergency medical technicians are working in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 3,390 emergency medical technicians
- Allegheny County - 2,930 emergency medical technicians
- Warren County - 920 emergency medical technicians
The government projects that the number of emergency medical technicians in Pennsylvania will grow by 3%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 13,950 emergency medical technicians working in Pennsylvania.
An emergency medical technician in Pennsylvania earns $30,460 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Pennsylvania emergency medical technicians earned as little as less than $15,990 per year or as much as more than $61,690 per year. The counties in Pennsylvania with the highest average salary for an emergency medical technician are:
- Bucks County - $37,640 per year
- Warren County - $33,980 per year
- Cumberland County - $30,130 per year
The Pennsylvania counties with the lowest average salary for emergency medical technicians are:
- Cambria County - $21,990 per year
- Erie County - $22,830 per year
- Bedford County - $24,110 per year
For more data regarding a career in emergency medical training in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Training in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||12,760||$30,460||9.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in Pennsylvania