There are schools offering ESL classes in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Esl Programs in Pennsylvania
University of Pennsylvania, which was ranked 4th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a ESL program. It is located in Philadelphia. 38 students graduated with a degree in ESL from University of Pennsylvania in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Pennsylvania was $40,514 per year.
Temple University, which was ranked 24th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a ESL program. It is located in Philadelphia. 13 students graduated with degree in ESL from Temple University in 2010. Students at Temple University paid $12,424 per year in tuition fees.
Duquesne University, which is located in Pittsburgh, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a ESL program. It received a ranking of 29th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Duquesne University graduated 2 students from its ESL programs. Duquesne University charged in-state students $27,502 in tuition fees per year.
Esl schools in Pennsylvania, charge students an average tuition of $21,451 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,514 per year, or as little as $3,120 per year. In 2010, the ESL schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- University of Pennsylvania - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $40,514 per year
- University of Scranton - located in Scranton, students are charged $34,536 per year
- La Salle University - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $33,700 per year
The following Pennsylvania ESL schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Lehigh Carbon Community College - located in Schnecksville, students are charged $3,120 per year
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania - located in West Chester, students are charged $7,680 per year
- Temple University - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $12,424 per year
An ESL degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
Most people who graduate from ESL school in Pennsylvania go on to work as an english language teacher. Pennsylvania had 4,480 english language teachers in 2010. In Pennsylvania, the largest numbers of english language teachers work in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 1,620 english language teachers
- Allegheny County - 890 english language teachers
- Cumberland County - 280 english language teachers
On average, an english language teacher earns a salary of $69,210 per year in Pennsylvania state. In 2010, however, some Pennsylvania english language teachers earned as little as less than $38,480 per year or as much as more than $116,140 per year. The following counties in Pennsylvania have the highest average salaries for english language teachers:
- Clarion County - $76,050 per year
- Adams County - $74,960 per year
- Allegheny County - $73,270 per year
The Pennsylvania counties with the lowest average salary for english language teachers are:
- Lackawanna County - $60,660 per year
- Berks County - $64,340 per year
- Bedford County - $66,140 per year
For more data regarding a career in ESL in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as English or education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Esl in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Esl in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Esl in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying ESL gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||6,530||$53,880|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||4,480||$69,210||33.3%|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||2,260||$43,780||9.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ESL related jobs in Pennsylvania