There are schools offering fashion programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Fashion Programs in Pennsylvania
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a fashion program is Drexel University. Drexel University, which was ranked 24th in the country in 2010, is located in Philadelphia. 37 students graduated with a degree in fashion from Drexel University in 2010. Tuition at Drexel University was $33,000 per year.
Indiana University of Pennsylvania-Main Campus, which is located in Indiana, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a fashion program. It received a ranking of 38th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Indiana University of Pennsylvania-Main Campus graduated 47 students from its fashion program. The tuition rate at Indiana University of Pennsylvania-Main Campus was $7,571 per year.
Mercyhurst College, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a fashion program. It is located in Erie. In 2010, 15 students graduated from Mercyhurst College fashion program. Tuition at Mercyhurst College was $26,346 per year.
If you choose to attend a Pennsylvania fashion school, average tuition will be $19,479 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,120 per year to $33,000 per year. In 2010, the fashion schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Drexel University - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $33,000 per year
- Albright College - located in Reading, students are charged $32,740 per year
- Moore College of Art and Design - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $30,268 per year
The following Pennsylvania fashion schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Lehigh Carbon Community College - located in Schnecksville, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Pace Institute - located in Reading, students are charged $7,008 per year
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania-Main Campus - located in Indiana, students are charged $7,571 per year
A fashion degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
fashion graduates in Pennsylvania can go into a variety of professions such as marketing manager, merchadiser, fashion magazine editor, photographer, and sales associate. If you decide to work as a fashion professional in Pennsylvania, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 204,970 Pennsylvania fashion professional as of 2010. This number includes 160 fashion designers, 5,280 marketing managers, and 6,120 merchadisers. The Pennsylvania counties with the largest populations of fashion professional are:
- Bucks County - 61,620 fashion professionals
- Allegheny County - 44,110 fashion professionals
- Warren County - 12,690 fashion professionals
The government projects that the number of fashion professionals in Pennsylvania will shrink by -15%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 236,650 fashion professionals working in Pennsylvania. The greatest decline for fashion professional is predicted to be amongst Sales Associates, who are expected to increase by 3% by 2018.
On average, fashion professionals earn a salary of $52,125 per year in Pennsylvania state. But, salaries for fashion professional can vary. In 2010, fashion professional made as little as less than $15,660 per year or as much as more than $162,950 per year in Pennsylvania. On average fashion professional earn the most in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Centre County - $56,864 per year
- Bucks County - $55,056 per year
- Cumberland County - $54,912 per year
Fashion professionals in the following counties in Pennsylvania make the lowest salaries on average:
- Lebanon County - $28,700 per year
- Cambria County - $33,030 per year
- Lycoming County - $40,930 per year
The fashion professionals with highest average salaries in Pennsylvania were:
- Marketing Manager - $125,510 per year
- Merchadiser - $57,230 per year
- Fashion Magazine Editor - $53,980 per year
The fashion professionals with lowest average salaries in Pennsylvania were:
- Knitter - $26,830 per year
- Sales Associate - $25,770 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in fashion. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as fashion or fashion design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Fashion in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Fashion gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||6,120||$57,230||8.5%|
|Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||990||$26,830||-50.3%|
|Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers||240||$40,860||-55.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion related jobs in Pennsylvania