There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Pennsylvania
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a graphic design program is University of Pennsylvania. University of Pennsylvania, which was ranked 4th in the country in 2010, is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, 34 students graduated from University of Pennsylvania's graphic design program. University of Pennsylvania charged in-state students $40,514 in tuition fees per year.
Carnegie Mellon University, which is located in Pittsburgh, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 16th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 61 students graduated from Carnegie Mellon University graphic design program. Carnegie Mellon University charged in-state students $42,136 in tuition fees per year.
Temple University, which is located in Philadelphia, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 24th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Temple University graduated 41 students from its graphic design programs. Temple University charged in-state students $12,424 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Pennsylvania's graphic design schools ranges from $42,136 per year to $2,700 per year. But, the average tuition is $16,133 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania graphic design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Carnegie Mellon University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $42,136 per year
- University of Pennsylvania - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $40,514 per year
- Susquehanna University - located in Selinsgrove, students are charged $34,070 per year
The graphic design schools in Pennsylvania that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Westmoreland County Community College - located in Youngwood, students are charged $2,700 per year
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Luzerne County Community College - located in Nanticoke, students are charged $3,090 per year
A graphic design degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
The highest percentage of graphic design graduates in Pennsylvania pursue careers as a graphic designer. Pennsylvania had 7,830 graphic designers in 2010. In Pennsylvania, the largest numbers of graphic designers work in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 3,230 graphic designers
- Allegheny County - 1,570 graphic designers
- Warren County - 430 graphic designers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 10,400 graphic designers will be working in Pennsylvania state. This would require the number of graphic designers to shrink by -1%.
On average, a graphic designer earns a salary of $43,470 per year in Pennsylvania state. In 2010, however, some Pennsylvania graphic designers earned as little as less than $17,220 per year or as much as more than $74,430 per year. The following counties in Pennsylvania have the highest average salaries for graphic designers:
- Bucks County - $49,560 per year
- Warren County - $46,520 per year
- Berks County - $43,880 per year
The Pennsylvania counties with the lowest average salary for graphic designers are:
- Bedford County - $26,170 per year
- Lycoming County - $32,870 per year
- Bradford County - $34,170 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in graphic design. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Graphic Design in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Pennsylvania