There are schools offering health information programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Health Information Programs in Pennsylvania
Around 0.0% of Pennsylvania's graduates graduate from health information degree programs every year. Thus, Pennsylvania's 15 health information schools put out approximately 106 health information technicians each year.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a health information program is Bidwell Training Center Inc, which is located in Pittsburgh. In 2010, it was ranked 62nd nationwide. In 2010, Bidwell Training Center Inc graduated 17 students from its health information program.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a health information program is Douglas Education Center. Douglas Education Center, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Monessen. Students at Douglas Education Center paid $15,500 per year in tuition fees.
Lancaster County Career and Technology Center, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a health information program. It is located in Willow Street. In 2010, Lancaster County Career and Technology Center graduated 18 students from its health information programs. Tuition at Lancaster County Career and Technology Center was $0 per year.
Tuition at Pennsylvania's health information schools ranges from $25,610 per year to $2,720 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,272 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania health information schools were charged at the following schools:
- Gwynedd Mercy College - located in Gwynedd Valley, students are charged $25,610 per year
- Douglas Education Center - located in Monessen, students are charged $15,500 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Pennsylvania health information schools were charged at the following schools:
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Lehigh Carbon Community College - located in Schnecksville, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg - located in Harrisburg, students are charged $3,835 per year
A health information degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
The highest percentage of health information graduates in Pennsylvania pursue careers as a health information technician. In 2010, there were 7,470 health information technicians working in Pennsylvania. In Pennsylvania, the largest numbers of health information technicians work in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 1,940 health information technicians
- Allegheny County - 1,680 health information technicians
- Warren County - 650 health information technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 8,600 health information technicians will be working in Pennsylvania state. This would require the number of health information technicians to grow by 9%.
A health information technician in Pennsylvania makes an average of $33,310 per year. However, Pennsylvania health information technicians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,250 per year to more than $56,940 per year in 2010. The counties in Pennsylvania with the highest average salary for a health information technician are:
- Bucks County - $38,060 per year
- Clarion County - $34,260 per year
- Cumberland County - $33,960 per year
The Pennsylvania counties with the lowest average salary for health information technicians are:
- Centre County - $24,920 per year
- Erie County - $27,920 per year
- Adams County - $28,650 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in health information and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or medical coding.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Health Information in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Information in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Health Information in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Health Information gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||7,470||$33,310||7.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are health information related jobs in Pennsylvania