There are schools offering international business degrees in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering International Business Programs in Pennsylvania
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Pennsylvania graduates receive degrees in international business. That means an estimated 866 international business professionals graduate from Pennsylvania's 47 international business schools each year.
University of Pennsylvania, which is located in Philadelphia, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a international business program. It received a ranking of 4th in the country in 2010. 112 students graduated with a degree in international business from University of Pennsylvania in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Pennsylvania was $40,514 per year.
Carnegie Mellon University, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a international business program. It is located in Pittsburgh. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Carnegie Mellon University international business program. Carnegie Mellon University charged in-state students $42,136 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a international business program is Lafayette College, which is located in Easton. In 2010, it was ranked 22nd nationwide. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Lafayette College international business program. Students at Lafayette College paid $39,815 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Pennsylvania's international business schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $26,284 per year, though tuition can range from $42,136 per year to $4,320 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania international business schools were charged at the following schools:
- Carnegie Mellon University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $42,136 per year
- Dickinson College - located in Carlisle, students are charged $41,520 per year
- Gettysburg College - located in Gettysburg, students are charged $41,070 per year
The following Pennsylvania international business schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Community College of Philadelphia - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $4,320 per year
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania-Main Campus - located in Indiana, students are charged $7,571 per year
- Clarion University of Pennsylvania - located in Clarion, students are charged $7,723 per year
An international business degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs international business graduates in Pennsylvania pursue include chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, international buyer, and wholesale buyer. If you decide to work as an international business professional in Pennsylvania, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 111,460 Pennsylvania international business professional as of 2010. This number includes 20,840 business analysts, 15,790 chief executive officers, and 50,230 operations managers. In Pennsylvania, the largest numbers of international business professional work in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 42,960 international business professionals
- Allegheny County - 20,950 international business professionals
- Cumberland County - 7,880 international business professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of international business professionals is expected to shrink by -5% by 2018. There are projected to be 99,350 international business professionals working in Pennsylvania then. Of these 99,350 international business professionals, the government predicts that 26,400 will be business analysts, 16,050 will be chief executive officers, and 36,950 will be operations managers.
On average, international business professionals earn a salary of $88,381 per year in Pennsylvania state. But, salaries for international business professional can vary. In 2010, international business professional made as little as less than $18,640 per year or as much as more than $166,340 per year in Pennsylvania. The counties in Pennsylvania with the highest average salary for international business professionals are:
- Bucks County - $97,584 per year
- Allegheny County - $91,641 per year
- Warren County - $89,798 per year
The following counties in Pennsylvania have the lowest average salaries for international business professional:
- Bedford County - $73,516 per year
- Lackawanna County - $74,828 per year
- Cambria County - $74,960 per year
On average, the highest paid international business professionals in Pennsylvania were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $167,860 per year
- Operations Manager - $106,180 per year
- Business Analyst - $92,390 per year
On average, the lowest paid international business professionals in Pennsylvania were:
- Wholesale Buyer - $57,230 per year
- International Buyer - $52,830 per year
For more data regarding a career in international business in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or supply chain management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in International Business in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in International Business in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in International Business in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying International Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||50,230||$106,180||10.0%|
|Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products||13,470||$58,940||10.6%|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||6,120||$57,230||8.5%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||4,540||$83,240||21.7%|
|Buyers and Purchasing Agents, Farm Products||470||$52,830||-4.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are international business related jobs in Pennsylvania