There are schools offering management courses in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Management Programs in Pennsylvania
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a management program is University of Pennsylvania, which is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, it was ranked 4th nationwide. 74 students graduated with a degree in management from University of Pennsylvania in 2010. Tuition at University of Pennsylvania was $40,514 per year.
Carnegie Mellon University, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a management program. It is located in Pittsburgh. In 2010, Carnegie Mellon University graduated 45 students from its management program. Tuition at Carnegie Mellon University was $42,136 per year.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a management program is Temple University. Temple University, which was ranked 24th in the country in 2010, is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, 56 students graduated from Temple University management program. The tuition rate at Temple University was $12,424 per year.
Tuition at Pennsylvania's management schools ranges from $42,136 per year to $2,700 per year. But, the average tuition is $16,371 per year. The Pennsylvania management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Carnegie Mellon University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $42,136 per year
- University of Pennsylvania - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $40,514 per year
- Lehigh University - located in Bethlehem, students are charged $39,780 per year
The following Pennsylvania management schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Westmoreland County Community College - located in Youngwood, students are charged $2,700 per year
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Community College of Beaver County - located in Monaca, students are charged $2,796 per year
A management degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
A large number of Pennsylvania management graduates become managers. If you decide to work as a manager in Pennsylvania, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 50,230 Pennsylvania managers as of 2010. In Pennsylvania, the largest numbers of managers work in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 17,470 managers
- Allegheny County - 9,570 managers
- Warren County - 3,270 managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 36,950 managers will be working in Pennsylvania state. This would require the number of managers to shrink by -7%.
A manager in Pennsylvania makes an average of $106,180 per year. In 2010, however, some Pennsylvania managers earned as little as less than $32,860 per year or as much as more than $166,130 per year. A manager in the following Pennsylvania counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bucks County - $123,860 per year
- Allegheny County - $105,540 per year
- Warren County - $105,520 per year
The Pennsylvania counties with the lowest average salary for managers are:
- Cambria County - $74,840 per year
- Lebanon County - $76,230 per year
- Bradford County - $79,250 per year
For more data regarding a career in management in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Management in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Management in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Management in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||50,230||$106,180||10.0%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||37,310||$43,320||-7.9%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||12,430||$88,820||-1.1%|
|Managers, All Other||7,560||$102,000||-49.3%|
|Industrial Production Managers||6,460||$89,470||-16.0%|
|Food Service Managers||5,200||$54,110||21.2%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||1,890||$92,240||-1.6%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||1,850||$74,710||-19.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in Pennsylvania