There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Pennsylvania
Approximately 1.4% of graduates in of Pennsylvania receive medical assisting certificates every year. Thus, Pennsylvania's 74 medical assistant schools put out approximately 5,316 medical assistants each year.
Drexel University, which is located in Philadelphia, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 24th in the country in 2010. 82 students graduated with a certificate in medical assistant from Drexel University in 2010. The tuition rate at Drexel University was $33,000 per year.
Duquesne University, which is located in Pittsburgh, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 29th in the country in 2010. 64 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from Duquesne University in 2010. The tuition rate at Duquesne University was $27,502 per year.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a medical assistant program is Marywood University. Marywood University, which was ranked 35th in the country in 2010, is located in Scranton. 28 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from Marywood University in 2010. Marywood University charged in-state students $27,150 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Pennsylvania medical assistant school, average tuition will be $9,034 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,700 per year to $33,000 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania medical assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Drexel University - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $33,000 per year
- Arcadia University - located in Glenside, students are charged $32,720 per year
- Chatham University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $29,188 per year
The medical assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Westmoreland County Community College - located in Youngwood, students are charged $2,700 per year
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Lehigh Carbon Community College - located in Schnecksville, students are charged $3,120 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical assistant graduates in Pennsylvania pursue careers as a medical assistant. 24,390 medical assistants were working in Pennsylvania in 2010. In Pennsylvania, the largest numbers of medical assistants work in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 8,770 medical assistants
- Allegheny County - 5,490 medical assistants
- Warren County - 1,660 medical assistants
The government projects that the number of medical assistants in Pennsylvania will grow by 23%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 28,750 medical assistants working in Pennsylvania.
On average, medical assistants earn $29,240 per year. However, this number is only an average. medical assistants in Pennsylvania had varying salaries from $16,200 to $65,790 per year in 2010. The counties in Pennsylvania with the highest average salary for a medical assistant are:
- Lycoming County - $34,180 per year
- Bucks County - $31,850 per year
- Cumberland County - $30,050 per year
A medical assistant in the following counties in Pennsylvania make the lowest salaries on average:
- Clarion County - $23,340 per year
- Bedford County - $23,640 per year
- Cambria County - $24,210 per year
For more data regarding a career in medical assisting in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Assisting in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Pennsylvania