There are schools offering medical transcription training in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Medical Transcription Programs in Pennsylvania
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Pennsylvania receive medical transcription certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 121 medical transcriptionists graduate from Pennsylvania's 18 medical transcription schools.
Mercyhurst College, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a medical transcription program. It is located in Erie. no students graduated with a certificate in medical transcription from Mercyhurst College in 2010. Tuition at Mercyhurst College was $26,346 per year.
Bidwell Training Center Inc, which is located in Pittsburgh, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a medical transcription program. It received a ranking of 62nd in the country in 2010.
Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics, which is located in West Mifflin, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a medical transcription program. It received a ranking of 63rd in the country in 2010. Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics charged in-state students $14,505 in tuition fees per year.
Medical transcription schools in Pennsylvania, charge students an average tuition of $6,715 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $26,346 per year, or as little as $2,700 per year. In 2010, the medical transcription schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Mercyhurst College - located in Erie, students are charged $26,346 per year
- Douglas Education Center - located in Monessen, students are charged $15,500 per year
- Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics - located in West Mifflin, students are charged $14,505 per year
The medical transcription schools in Pennsylvania that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Westmoreland County Community College - located in Youngwood, students are charged $2,700 per year
- Luzerne County Community College - located in Nanticoke, students are charged $3,090 per year
- Lehigh Carbon Community College - located in Schnecksville, students are charged $3,120 per year
A medical transcription certificate from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
Most people who graduate from medical transcription school in Pennsylvania go on to work as a medical transcriptionist. If you decide to work as a medical transcriptionist in Pennsylvania, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 4,630 Pennsylvania medical transcriptionists as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Pennsylvania medical transcriptionists:
- Bucks County - 1,430 medical transcriptionists
- Allegheny County - 1,010 medical transcriptionists
- Warren County - 260 medical transcriptionists
The government projects that the number of medical transcriptionists in Pennsylvania will grow by 3%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,850 medical transcriptionists working in Pennsylvania.
A medical transcriptionist in Pennsylvania makes an average of $33,100 per year. In 2010, however, some Pennsylvania medical transcriptionists earned as little as less than $15,850 per year or as much as more than $47,360 per year. On average a medical transcriptionist earns the most in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Bucks County - $36,620 per year
- Blair County - $35,590 per year
- Berks County - $34,470 per year
On average, medical transcriptionists earns the least in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Cambria County - $24,890 per year
- Bedford County - $25,920 per year
- Lebanon County - $28,450 per year
For more data regarding a career in medical transcription in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or health information, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Transcription in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Medical Transcription in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Medical Transcription gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical transcription related jobs in Pennsylvania