There are schools offering music production programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Music Production Programs in Pennsylvania
York College Pennsylvania, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a music production program. It is located in York. 5 students graduated with a degree in music production from York College Pennsylvania in 2010. Tuition at York College Pennsylvania was $15,140 per year.
Lebanon Valley College, which is located in Annville, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a music production program. It received a ranking of 67th in the country in 2010. 19 students graduated with degree in music production from Lebanon Valley College in 2010. Tuition at Lebanon Valley College was $31,620 per year.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a music production program is The Art Institute of Philadelphia, which is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, it was ranked 76th nationwide. Students at The Art Institute of Philadelphia paid $17,920 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Pennsylvania music production school, average tuition will be $10,319 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,090 per year to $31,620 per year. In 2010, the music production schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Lebanon Valley College - located in Annville, students are charged $31,620 per year
- The Art Institute of Philadelphia - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $17,920 per year
- York College Pennsylvania - located in York, students are charged $15,140 per year
The music production schools in Pennsylvania that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Luzerne County Community College - located in Nanticoke, students are charged $3,090 per year
- Lehigh Carbon Community College - located in Schnecksville, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Montgomery County Community College-Central Campus - located in Blue Bell, students are charged $3,510 per year
A music production degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
A large number of Pennsylvania music production graduates become music producers. Pennsylvania had 1,000 music producers in 2010. The Pennsylvania counties with the largest populations of music producers are:
- Allegheny County - 290 music producers
- Bucks County - 230 music producers
- Lackawanna County - 80 music producers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of music producers in the state of Pennsylvania will shrink to 3,100. This would require a -7% decline in the profession.
A music producer in Pennsylvania makes an average of $52,090 per year. But, salaries for music producers can vary. In 2010, music producers made as little as less than $15,900 per year or as much as more than $131,240 per year in Pennsylvania. On average a music producer earns the most in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Cumberland County - $64,250 per year
- Bucks County - $64,240 per year
- Bradford County - $58,620 per year
On average, music producers earns the least in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Bedford County - $39,770 per year
- Centre County - $41,900 per year
- Berks County - $45,960 per year
For more data regarding a career in music production in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as video production or music, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Music Production in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Music Production in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Music Production in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Music Production gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Producers and Directors||1,720||$60,770||1.8%|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||1,700||$37,200||47.8%|
|Music Directors and Composers||1,000||$52,090||300.0%|
|Sound Engineering Technicians||600||$43,190||252.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are music production related jobs in Pennsylvania