There are schools offering nursing assistant certifications in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Nurse Assisting Programs in Pennsylvania
Around 0.1% of Pennsylvania's graduates graduate from nurse assisting certificate programs every year. Thus, Pennsylvania's 12 nursing assistant schools put out approximately 326 nursing assistants each year.
University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus, which was ranked 56th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a nursing assistant program. It is located in Pittsburgh. 64 students graduated with a certificate in nursing assistant from University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus in 2010. University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus charged in-state students $14,936 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a nursing assistant program is Antonelli Medical and Professional Institute. Antonelli Medical and Professional Institute, which was ranked 62nd in the country in 2010, is located in Pottstown. In 2010, 49 students graduated from Antonelli Medical and Professional Institute nursing assistant program.
Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a nursing assistant program. It is located in Bellefonte. 57 students graduated with certificate in nursing assistant from Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology in 2010. Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Pennsylvania's nursing assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,824 per year, though tuition can range from $16,836 per year to $4,120 per year. In 2010, the nursing assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Commonwealth Technical Institute - located in Johnstown, students are charged $16,836 per year
- University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $14,936 per year
- Everest Institute-Pittsburgh - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $13,826 per year
The following Pennsylvania nursing assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Delaware County Community College - located in Media, students are charged $4,120 per year
- Erie Business Center - located in Erie, students are charged $9,364 per year
- Pennsylvania Institute of Technology - located in Media, students are charged $10,800 per year
A nursing assistant certificate from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
Most people who graduate from nursing assistant school in Pennsylvania go on to work as a nursing assistant. Pennsylvania had 74,680 nursing assistants in 2010. The Pennsylvania counties with the largest populations of nursing assistants are:
- Bucks County - 22,180 nursing assistants
- Allegheny County - 15,440 nursing assistants
- Warren County - 5,040 nursing assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 88,450 nursing assistants will be working in Pennsylvania state. This would require the number of nursing assistants to grow by 9%.
A nursing assistant in Pennsylvania makes an average of $26,720 per year. However, this number is only an average. nursing assistants in Pennsylvania had varying salaries from $16,090 to $37,180 per year in 2010. The counties in Pennsylvania with the highest average salary for a nursing assistant are:
- Lebanon County - $28,610 per year
- Cumberland County - $28,450 per year
- Bucks County - $27,470 per year
The following counties in Pennsylvania have the lowest average salaries for nursing assistants:
- Bedford County - $22,820 per year
- Bradford County - $23,920 per year
- Lycoming County - $24,640 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in nurse assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic nursing or LVN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nurse Assisting in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Nurse Assisting in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Nurse Assisting in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Nurse Assisting in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Nursing Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants||74,680||$26,720||5.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nursing assistant related jobs in Pennsylvania