There are schools offering nutrition degrees in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Nutrition Programs in Pennsylvania
Drexel University, which was ranked 24th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a nutrition program. It is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, 18 students graduated from Drexel University's nutrition program. The tuition rate at Drexel University was $33,000 per year.
West Chester University of Pennsylvania, which is located in West Chester, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a nutrition program. It received a ranking of 32nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 74 students graduated from West Chester University of Pennsylvania nutrition program. The tuition rate at West Chester University of Pennsylvania was $7,680 per year.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a nutrition program is Marywood University. Marywood University, which was ranked 35th in the country in 2010, is located in Scranton. 22 students graduated with degree in nutrition from Marywood University in 2010. Students at Marywood University paid $27,150 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Pennsylvania's nutrition schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $16,427 per year, though tuition can range from $33,700 per year to $2,700 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania nutrition schools were charged at the following schools:
- La Salle University - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $33,700 per year
- Drexel University - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $33,000 per year
- Chatham University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $29,188 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Pennsylvania nutrition schools were charged at the following schools:
- Westmoreland County Community College - located in Youngwood, students are charged $2,700 per year
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Luzerne County Community College - located in Nanticoke, students are charged $3,090 per year
A nutrition degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
Most people who graduate from nutrition school in Pennsylvania go on to work as a nutritionist. In 2010, there were 3,030 nutritionists working in Pennsylvania. In Pennsylvania, the largest numbers of nutritionists work in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 950 nutritionists
- Allegheny County - 770 nutritionists
- Lackawanna County - 160 nutritionists
On average, a nutritionist earns a salary of $49,470 per year in Pennsylvania state. In 2010, however, some Pennsylvania nutritionists earned as little as less than $16,980 per year or as much as more than $83,200 per year. A nutritionist in the following Pennsylvania counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bucks County - $57,250 per year
- Lackawanna County - $52,610 per year
- Erie County - $52,170 per year
The Pennsylvania counties with the lowest average salary for nutritionists are:
- Blair County - $37,920 per year
- Bradford County - $38,380 per year
- Bedford County - $43,370 per year
For more data regarding a career in nutrition in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse practitioning or healthcare, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nutrition in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Nutrition in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Nutrition in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Nutrition in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Nutrition gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dietitians and Nutritionists||3,030||$49,470||42.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nutrition related jobs in Pennsylvania