There are schools offering occupational therapy programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Occupational Therapy Programs in Pennsylvania
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Pennsylvania students graduate with degrees in occupational therapy. That means an estimated 582 occupational therapists graduate from Pennsylvania's 21 occupational therapy schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a occupational therapy program is Temple University, which is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, it was ranked 24th nationwide. In 2010, Temple University graduated 42 students from its occupational therapy program. Temple University charged in-state students $12,424 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a occupational therapy program is Duquesne University. Duquesne University, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Pittsburgh. 51 students graduated with degree in occupational therapy from Duquesne University in 2010. Students at Duquesne University paid $27,502 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a occupational therapy program is Philadelphia University, which is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, it was ranked 39th nationwide. In 2010, 23 students graduated from Philadelphia University occupational therapy program. Tuition at Philadelphia University was $28,990 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Pennsylvania's occupational therapy schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $18,568 per year, though tuition can range from $34,536 per year to $2,720 per year. The Pennsylvania occupational therapy schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Scranton - located in Scranton, students are charged $34,536 per year
- Elizabethtown College - located in Elizabethtown, students are charged $33,250 per year
- University of the Sciences - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $30,794 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Pennsylvania occupational therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Lehigh Carbon Community College - located in Schnecksville, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Temple University - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $12,424 per year
An occupational therapy degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
Most people who graduate from occupational therapy school in Pennsylvania go on to work as an occupational therapist. Pennsylvania had 5,870 occupational therapists in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Pennsylvania occupational therapists:
- Bucks County - 1,920 occupational therapists
- Allegheny County - 1,430 occupational therapists
- Warren County - 410 occupational therapists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of occupational therapists is expected to grow by 14% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,150 occupational therapists working in the Pennsylvania then.
On average, occupational therapists earn $68,530 per year. But, salaries for occupational therapists can vary. In 2010, occupational therapists made as little as less than $23,350 per year or as much as more than $116,970 per year in Pennsylvania. The counties in Pennsylvania with the highest average salary for an occupational therapist are:
- Cumberland County - $77,500 per year
- Warren County - $77,300 per year
- Berks County - $75,510 per year
On average, occupational therapists earns the least in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Bedford County - $44,850 per year
- Cambria County - $53,140 per year
- Bradford County - $57,090 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in occupational therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as clinical psychology or occupational therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Occupational Therapy in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Occupational Therapy in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Occupational Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Occupational Therapy Assistants||1,940||$46,550||38.6%|
|Occupational Therapy Aides||440||$33,990||-25.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are occupational therapy related jobs in Pennsylvania