There are schools offering paramedic programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Pennsylvania
Around 0.0% of Pennsylvania's graduates graduate from paramedic training certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 103 paramedics graduate from Pennsylvania's 10 paramedic schools.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a paramedic program is The Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, which is located in Reading. In 2010, it was ranked 67th nationwide. 30 students graduated with a certificate in paramedic from The Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences in 2010. Tuition at The Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences was $14,095 per year.
All-State Career School, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a paramedic program. It is located in Essington. 19 students graduated with certificate in paramedic from All-State Career School in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a paramedic program is Lancaster County Career and Technology Center. Lancaster County Career and Technology Center, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Willow Street. Students at Lancaster County Career and Technology Center paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Pennsylvania paramedic school, average tuition will be $6,675 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,090 per year to $14,095 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania paramedic schools were charged at the following schools:
- The Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences - located in Reading, students are charged $14,095 per year
- Tri-State Business Institute - located in Erie, students are charged $13,800 per year
- Pennsylvania College of Technology - located in Williamsport, students are charged $13,080 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Pennsylvania paramedic schools were charged at the following schools:
- Luzerne County Community College - located in Nanticoke, students are charged $3,090 per year
- Northampton County Area Community College - located in Bethlehem, students are charged $3,270 per year
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg - located in Harrisburg, students are charged $3,835 per year
A paramedic certificate from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
A large number of Pennsylvania paramedic graduates become paramedics. 12,760 paramedics were working in Pennsylvania in 2010. The largest populations of Pennsylvania paramedics are working in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 3,390 paramedics
- Allegheny County - 2,930 paramedics
- Warren County - 920 paramedics
The government projects that the number of paramedics in Pennsylvania will grow by 3%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 13,950 paramedics working in Pennsylvania.
A paramedic in Pennsylvania earns $30,460 per year on average. But, salaries for paramedics can vary. In 2010, paramedics made as little as less than $15,990 per year or as much as more than $61,690 per year in Pennsylvania. A paramedic in the following Pennsylvania counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bucks County - $37,640 per year
- Warren County - $33,980 per year
- Cumberland County - $30,130 per year
On average, paramedics earns the least in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Cambria County - $21,990 per year
- Erie County - $22,830 per year
- Bedford County - $24,110 per year
For more data regarding a career in paramedic training in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as paramedic or emergency management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||12,760||$30,460||9.2%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||1,490||$22,350||36.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Pennsylvania