There are schools offering personal training certifications in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Pennsylvania
- Personal Training Certification in New Jersey
- Personal Training Certification in Connecticut
- Personal Training Certification in Delaware
- Personal Training Certification in Washington DC
- Personal Training Certification in New York
- Personal Training Certification in Maryland
- See All Schools in Pennsylvania
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Pennsylvania receive personal training degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 344 personal trainers graduate from Pennsylvania's 19 personal training schools.
Temple University, which was ranked 24th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a personal training program. It is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, 14 students graduated from Temple University's personal training program. The tuition rate at Temple University was $12,424 per year.
Duquesne University, which is located in Pittsburgh, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a personal training program. It received a ranking of 29th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 9 students graduated from Duquesne University personal training program. Students at Duquesne University paid $27,502 per year in tuition fees.
West Chester University of Pennsylvania, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a personal training program. It is located in West Chester. 30 students graduated with degree in personal training from West Chester University of Pennsylvania in 2010. Students at West Chester University of Pennsylvania paid $7,680 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Pennsylvania's personal training schools ranges from $27,502 per year to $3,270 per year. But, the average tuition is $14,814 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania personal training schools were charged at the following schools:
- Duquesne University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $27,502 per year
- Messiah College - located in Grantham, students are charged $27,480 per year
- Marywood University - located in Scranton, students are charged $27,150 per year
The personal training schools in Pennsylvania that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Northampton County Area Community College - located in Bethlehem, students are charged $3,270 per year
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania - located in Bloomsburg, students are charged $7,456 per year
- Lock Haven University - located in Lock Haven, students are charged $7,540 per year
A personal training degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
Most people who graduate from personal training school in Pennsylvania go on to work as a personal trainer. Pennsylvania had 9,990 personal trainers in 2010. The Pennsylvania counties with the largest populations of personal trainers are:
- Bucks County - 4,340 personal trainers
- Allegheny County - 1,510 personal trainers
- York County - 640 personal trainers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of personal trainers is expected to grow by 10% by 2018. There are projected to be 12,450 personal trainers working in the Pennsylvania then.
A personal trainer in Pennsylvania makes an average of $27,690 per year. However, Pennsylvania personal trainers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,570 per year to more than $49,390 per year in 2010. The counties in Pennsylvania with the highest average salary for a personal trainer are:
- Bucks County - $29,970 per year
- Allegheny County - $28,020 per year
- York County - $27,700 per year
The following counties in Pennsylvania have the lowest average salaries for personal trainers:
- Cambria County - $19,520 per year
- Adams County - $20,860 per year
- Clarion County - $22,010 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in personal training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Personal Training in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Personal Training in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Personal Training in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Personal Training in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||9,990||$27,690||1.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Pennsylvania