There are schools offering photography courses in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Photography Programs in Pennsylvania
Around 0.1% of Pennsylvania's graduates graduate from photography degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 369 photographers graduate from Pennsylvania's 21 photography schools.
Temple University, which was ranked 24th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a photography program. It is located in Philadelphia. 26 students graduated with a degree in photography from Temple University in 2010. Tuition at Temple University was $12,424 per year.
Drexel University, which was ranked 24th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a photography program. It is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, Drexel University graduated 22 students from its photography program. The tuition rate at Drexel University was $33,000 per year.
Marywood University, which is located in Scranton, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a photography program. It received a ranking of 35th in the country in 2010. 10 students graduated with degree in photography from Marywood University in 2010. Students at Marywood University paid $27,150 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Pennsylvania's photography schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $16,637 per year, though tuition can range from $33,000 per year to $2,700 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania photography schools were charged at the following schools:
- Drexel University - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $33,000 per year
- Arcadia University - located in Glenside, students are charged $32,720 per year
- The University of the Arts - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $32,200 per year
The photography schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Westmoreland County Community College - located in Youngwood, students are charged $2,700 per year
- Luzerne County Community College - located in Nanticoke, students are charged $3,090 per year
- Bucks County Community College - located in Newtown, students are charged $3,742 per year
A photography degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
The highest percentage of photography graduates in Pennsylvania pursue careers as a photographer. In 2010, there were 2,290 photographers working in Pennsylvania. The largest populations of Pennsylvania photographers are working in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 780 photographers
- Allegheny County - 470 photographers
- Lancaster County - 160 photographers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of photographers in the state of Pennsylvania will shrink to 4,350. This would require a -5% decline in the profession.
On average, a photographer earns a salary of $34,030 per year in Pennsylvania state. However, this number is only an average. photographers in Pennsylvania had varying salaries from $16,250 to $64,720 per year in 2010. A photographer in the following Pennsylvania counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Lancaster County - $39,090 per year
- Lackawanna County - $37,520 per year
- Centre County - $36,420 per year
The following counties in Pennsylvania have the lowest average salaries for photographers:
- York County - $26,100 per year
- Erie County - $27,420 per year
- Adams County - $27,970 per year
For more data regarding a career in photography in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as photography or design, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Photography in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Photography in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Photography in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Photography in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Photography gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Motion Picture||540||$41,350||20.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are photography related jobs in Pennsylvania