There are schools offering physical therapy assistant programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Assisting Programs in Pennsylvania
Around 0.1% of Pennsylvania's graduates graduate from physical therapy assisting degree programs every year. That means an estimated 297 physical therapy assistants graduate from Pennsylvania's 14 physical therapy assistant schools each year.
Mercyhurst College, which is located in Erie, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a physical therapy assistant program. It received a ranking of 38th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Mercyhurst College graduated 19 students from its physical therapy assistant program. Students at Mercyhurst College paid $26,346 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a physical therapy assistant program is Mount Aloysius College. Mount Aloysius College, which was ranked 47th in the country in 2010, is located in Cresson. 21 students graduated with degree in physical therapy assistant from Mount Aloysius College in 2010. The tuition rate at Mount Aloysius College was $18,000 per year.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a physical therapy assistant program is California University of Pennsylvania, which is located in California. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. 25 students graduated with degree in physical therapy assistant from California University of Pennsylvania in 2010. California University of Pennsylvania charged in-state students $8,312 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Pennsylvania physical therapy assistant school, average tuition will be $11,158 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,720 per year to $26,346 per year. In 2010, the following Pennsylvania physical therapy assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Mercyhurst College - located in Erie, students are charged $26,346 per year
- Harcum College - located in Bryn Mawr, students are charged $18,950 per year
- Mount Aloysius College - located in Cresson, students are charged $18,000 per year
The physical therapy assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Butler County Community College - located in Butler, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Lehigh Carbon Community College - located in Schnecksville, students are charged $3,120 per year
A physical therapy assistant degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
A large number of Pennsylvania physical therapy assistant graduates become physical therapy assistants. 4,130 physical therapy assistants were working in Pennsylvania in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Pennsylvania physical therapy assistants:
- Bucks County - 1,120 physical therapy assistants
- Allegheny County - 1,050 physical therapy assistants
- Berks County - 210 physical therapy assistants
The government projects that the number of physical therapy assistants in Pennsylvania will grow by 20%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 4,800 physical therapy assistants working in Pennsylvania.
A physical therapy assistant in Pennsylvania earns $42,780 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Pennsylvania physical therapy assistants earned as little as less than $22,400 per year or as much as more than $66,480 per year. A physical therapy assistant in the following Pennsylvania counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Berks County - $48,060 per year
- Warren County - $46,120 per year
- Cumberland County - $45,560 per year
A physical therapy assistant in the following counties in Pennsylvania make the lowest salaries on average:
- Clarion County - $34,150 per year
- Blair County - $35,640 per year
- Cambria County - $37,050 per year
For more data regarding a career in physical therapy assisting in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy or allied health, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy Assisting in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Physical Therapy Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||4,130||$42,780||25.2%|
|Physical Therapist Aides||2,050||$28,450||4.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy assistant related jobs in Pennsylvania