There are schools offering physical therapy programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Programs in Pennsylvania
Around 0.2% of Pennsylvania's graduates graduate from physical therapy degree programs every year. That means an estimated 894 physical therapists graduate from Pennsylvania's 18 physical therapy schools each year.
Temple University, which was ranked 24th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a physical therapy program. It is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, 166 students graduated from Temple University's physical therapy program. The tuition rate at Temple University was $12,424 per year.
Drexel University, which is located in Philadelphia, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a physical therapy program. It received a ranking of 24th in the country in 2010. 54 students graduated with degree in physical therapy from Drexel University in 2010. Tuition at Drexel University was $33,000 per year.
Duquesne University, which was ranked 24th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a physical therapy program. It is located in Pittsburgh. In 2010, Duquesne University graduated 57 students from its physical therapy programs. The tuition rate at Duquesne University was $27,502 per year.
Tuition at Pennsylvania's physical therapy schools ranges from $34,536 per year to $7,666 per year. But, the average tuition is $22,973 per year. The Pennsylvania physical therapy schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Scranton - located in Scranton, students are charged $34,536 per year
- Widener University-Main Campus - located in Chester, students are charged $33,270 per year
- Drexel University - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $33,000 per year
The following Pennsylvania physical therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania - located in Slippery Rock, students are charged $7,666 per year
- Lincoln University of Pennsylvania - located in Lincoln University, students are charged $8,472 per year
- Temple University - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $12,424 per year
A physical therapy degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
A large number of Pennsylvania physical therapy graduates become physical therapists. 9,160 physical therapists were working in Pennsylvania in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Pennsylvania physical therapists:
- Bucks County - 2,750 physical therapists
- Allegheny County - 2,090 physical therapists
- Cumberland County - 580 physical therapists
The government projects that the number of physical therapists in Pennsylvania will grow by 16%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 11,200 physical therapists working in Pennsylvania.
On average, physical therapists earn $76,220 per year. However, this number is only an average. physical therapists in Pennsylvania had varying salaries from $45,220 to $131,780 per year in 2010. A physical therapist in the following Pennsylvania counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Cumberland County - $87,560 per year
- Lancaster County - $86,940 per year
- Centre County - $82,540 per year
The following counties in Pennsylvania have the lowest average salaries for physical therapists:
- Cambria County - $67,290 per year
- Lackawanna County - $70,590 per year
- Bedford County - $71,880 per year
For more data regarding a career in physical therapy in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or sports medicine, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Physical Therapy in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Physical Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy related jobs in Pennsylvania