There are schools offering physician assistant programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Physician Assisting Programs in Pennsylvania
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Pennsylvania graduates receive degrees in physician assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 772 physician assistants graduate from Pennsylvania's 15 physician assistant schools.
Drexel University, which was ranked 24th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a physician assistant program. It is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, 82 students graduated from Drexel University's physician assistant program. Students at Drexel University paid $33,000 per year in tuition fees.
Duquesne University, which is located in Pittsburgh, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a physician assistant program. It received a ranking of 29th in the country in 2010. 64 students graduated with degree in physician assistant from Duquesne University in 2010. Students at Duquesne University paid $27,502 per year in tuition fees.
Marywood University, which is located in Scranton, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a physician assistant program. It received a ranking of 35th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Marywood University graduated 28 students from its physician assistant programs. Students at Marywood University paid $27,150 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Pennsylvania physician assistant school, average tuition will be $22,165 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $7,540 per year to $33,000 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania physician assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Drexel University - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $33,000 per year
- Arcadia University - located in Glenside, students are charged $32,720 per year
- Chatham University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $29,188 per year
The physician assistant schools in Pennsylvania that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Lock Haven University - located in Lock Haven, students are charged $7,540 per year
- Pennsylvania College of Technology - located in Williamsport, students are charged $13,080 per year
- Gannon University - located in Erie, students are charged $24,582 per year
A physician assistant degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
A large number of Pennsylvania physician assistant graduates become physician assistants. In 2010, there were 4,770 physician assistants working in Pennsylvania. In Pennsylvania, the largest numbers of physician assistants work in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 1,450 physician assistants
- Allegheny County - 900 physician assistants
- Warren County - 470 physician assistants
The government projects that the number of physician assistants in Pennsylvania will grow by 18%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 4,450 physician assistants working in Pennsylvania.
On average, a physician assistant earns a salary of $67,850 per year in Pennsylvania state. In 2010, however, some Pennsylvania physician assistants earned as little as less than $26,590 per year or as much as more than $105,990 per year. A physician assistant in the following Pennsylvania counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Lycoming County - $80,030 per year
- Berks County - $78,240 per year
- Lebanon County - $76,720 per year
A physician assistant in the following counties in Pennsylvania make the lowest salaries on average:
- Centre County - $51,920 per year
- Warren County - $60,670 per year
- Erie County - $62,820 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in physician assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as dental assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physician Assisting in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Physician Assisting in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Physician Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physician assistant related jobs in Pennsylvania