There are schools offering public administration degrees in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Public Administration Programs in Pennsylvania
Around 0.2% of Pennsylvania's graduates graduate from public administration degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 594 public administration professionals graduate from Pennsylvania's 26 public administration schools.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a public administration program is University of Pennsylvania. University of Pennsylvania, which was ranked 4th in the country in 2010, is located in Philadelphia. 70 students graduated with a degree in public administration from University of Pennsylvania in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Pennsylvania was $40,514 per year.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a public administration program is Swarthmore College, which is located in Swarthmore. In 2010, it was ranked 15th nationwide. In 2010, Swarthmore College graduated 0 students from its public administration program. Swarthmore College charged in-state students $39,600 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a public administration program is Carnegie Mellon University. Carnegie Mellon University, which was ranked 16th in the country in 2010, is located in Pittsburgh. 188 students graduated with degree in public administration from Carnegie Mellon University in 2010. Students at Carnegie Mellon University paid $42,136 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Pennsylvania's public administration schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $26,277 per year, though tuition can range from $42,136 per year to $7,571 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania public administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Carnegie Mellon University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $42,136 per year
- Dickinson College - located in Carlisle, students are charged $41,520 per year
- Gettysburg College - located in Gettysburg, students are charged $41,070 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Pennsylvania public administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania-Main Campus - located in Indiana, students are charged $7,571 per year
- Cheyney University of Pennsylvania - located in Cheyney, students are charged $7,718 per year
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania - located in Kutztown, students are charged $7,732 per year
A public administration degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
Many Pennsylvania public administration graduates become a chief executive officer, economic development specialist, and community development planner. 22,030 public administration professionals were working in Pennsylvania in 2010. Of these, 3,900 were legislators. In addition, 15,790 were chief executive officers, and 410 were economic development specialists. In Pennsylvania, the largest numbers of public administration professional work in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 6,800 public administration professionals
- Allegheny County - 4,250 public administration professionals
- Cumberland County - 1,320 public administration professionals
The government projects that the number of public administration professionals in Pennsylvania will shrink by -3%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 22,300 public administration professionals working in Pennsylvania. The greatest decline for public administration professional is predicted to be amongst Community Development Planners, who are expected to increase by 3% by 2018.
On average, public administration professionals earn a salary of $87,095 per year in Pennsylvania state. However, Pennsylvania public administration professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,670 per year to more than $164,590 per year in 2010. Public administration professionals in the following Pennsylvania counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Berks County - $173,140 per year
- Centre County - $140,970 per year
- Lycoming County - $132,820 per year
The Pennsylvania counties with the lowest average salary for public administration professionals are:
- Adams County - $71,583 per year
- Clarion County - $72,547 per year
- York County - $79,680 per year
The public administration professionals with highest average salaries in Pennsylvania were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $167,860 per year
- Economic Development Specialist - $94,630 per year
- Community Development Planner - $49,130 per year
On average, the lowest paid public administration professionals in Pennsylvania were:
- Community Development Planner - $49,130 per year
- Legislator - $36,760 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in public administration. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as sociology or political science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Public Administration in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Public Administration in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Public Administration in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Public Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Urban and Regional Planners||1,930||$49,130||103.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are public administration related jobs in Pennsylvania