There are schools offering radiology technician programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Radiology Programs in Pennsylvania
Drexel University, which is located in Philadelphia, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a radiology technician program. It received a ranking of 24th in the country in 2010. 26 students graduated with a degree in radiology technician from Drexel University in 2010. Drexel University charged in-state students $33,000 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a radiology technician program is Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, which is located in Bloomsburg. In 2010, it was ranked 35th nationwide. In 2010, 42 students graduated from Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania radiology technician program. Students at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania paid $7,456 per year in tuition fees.
Johnson College, which was ranked 35th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a radiology technician program. It is located in Scranton. In 2010, Johnson College graduated 10 students from its radiology technician programs. Johnson College charged in-state students $15,872 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Pennsylvania radiology technician school, average tuition will be $12,779 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,700 per year to $33,270 per year. In 2010, the following Pennsylvania radiology technician schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Widener University-Main Campus - located in Chester, students are charged $33,270 per year
- Drexel University - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $33,000 per year
- Gwynedd Mercy College - located in Gwynedd Valley, students are charged $25,610 per year
The radiology technician schools in Pennsylvania that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Westmoreland County Community College - located in Youngwood, students are charged $2,700 per year
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Community College of Beaver County - located in Monaca, students are charged $2,796 per year
A radiology technician degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
A large number of Pennsylvania radiology technician graduates become radiology technicians. If you decide to work as a radiology technician in Pennsylvania, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 9,940 Pennsylvania radiology technicians as of 2010. The largest populations of Pennsylvania radiology technicians are working in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 3,240 radiology technicians
- Allegheny County - 2,400 radiology technicians
- Warren County - 710 radiology technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of radiology technicians in the state of Pennsylvania will grow to 11,900. This would require a 8% growth in the profession.
On average, radiology technicians earn $52,980 per year. On average a radiology technician earns the most in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Bucks County - $58,080 per year
- Lancaster County - $57,670 per year
- York County - $57,050 per year
On average, radiology technicians earns the least in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Erie County - $43,410 per year
- Cambria County - $44,340 per year
- Bedford County - $44,840 per year
For more data regarding a career in radiology in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Radiology in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiology in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Radiology in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Radiology in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Radiology Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||13,930||$178,610||93.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are radiology technician related jobs in Pennsylvania