There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in Pennsylvania
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Pennsylvania receive respiratory therapy degrees every year. Thus, Pennsylvania's 22 respiratory therapy schools put out approximately 306 respiratory therapists each year.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a respiratory therapy program is York College Pennsylvania, which is located in York. In 2010, it was ranked 36th nationwide. 17 students graduated with a degree in respiratory therapy from York College Pennsylvania in 2010. Tuition at York College Pennsylvania was $15,140 per year.
University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a respiratory therapy program. It is located in Johnstown. In 2010, University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown graduated 11 students from its respiratory therapy program. Tuition at University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown was $12,078 per year.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a respiratory therapy program is Indiana University of Pennsylvania-Main Campus, which is located in Indiana. In 2010, it was ranked 38th nationwide. In 2010, Indiana University of Pennsylvania-Main Campus graduated 14 students from its respiratory therapy programs. Indiana University of Pennsylvania-Main Campus charged in-state students $7,571 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Pennsylvania's respiratory therapy schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $10,378 per year, though tuition can range from $25,610 per year to $2,720 per year. In 2010, the respiratory therapy schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Gwynedd Mercy College - located in Gwynedd Valley, students are charged $25,610 per year
- Gannon University - located in Erie, students are charged $24,582 per year
- Point Park University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $22,500 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Pennsylvania respiratory therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Luzerne County Community College - located in Nanticoke, students are charged $3,090 per year
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg - located in Harrisburg, students are charged $3,835 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
A large number of Pennsylvania respiratory therapy graduates become respiratory therapists. In 2010, there were 4,790 respiratory therapists working in Pennsylvania. The following counties have the largest number of Pennsylvania respiratory therapists:
- Bucks County - 1,820 respiratory therapists
- Allegheny County - 1,160 respiratory therapists
- Warren County - 260 respiratory therapists
The government projects that the number of respiratory therapists in Pennsylvania will grow by 16%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,450 respiratory therapists working in Pennsylvania.
On average, a respiratory therapist earns a salary of $55,310 per year in Pennsylvania state. In 2010, however, some Pennsylvania respiratory therapists earned as little as less than $36,370 per year or as much as more than $73,910 per year. A respiratory therapist in the following Pennsylvania counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bucks County - $60,150 per year
- Warren County - $58,570 per year
- Cumberland County - $57,060 per year
On average, respiratory therapists earns the least in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Bedford County - $47,110 per year
- Cambria County - $48,590 per year
- Berks County - $48,690 per year
For more data regarding a career in respiratory therapy in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or allied health, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||710||$50,100||-50.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in Pennsylvania