There are schools offering social work degrees in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Pennsylvania
University of Pennsylvania, which was ranked 4th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a social work program. It is located in Philadelphia. 140 students graduated with a degree in social work from University of Pennsylvania in 2010. Tuition at University of Pennsylvania was $40,514 per year.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a social work program is Temple University. Temple University, which was ranked 24th in the country in 2010, is located in Philadelphia. 288 students graduated with degree in social work from Temple University in 2010. Tuition at Temple University was $12,424 per year.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a social work program is Bryn Mawr College. Bryn Mawr College, which was ranked 25th in the country in 2010, is located in Bryn Mawr. 97 students graduated with degree in social work from Bryn Mawr College in 2010. Bryn Mawr College charged in-state students $39,360 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Pennsylvania's social work schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $18,565 per year, though tuition can range from $40,514 per year to $2,720 per year. In 2010, the social work schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- University of Pennsylvania - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $40,514 per year
- Bryn Mawr College - located in Bryn Mawr, students are charged $39,360 per year
- Saint Joseph's University - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $35,230 per year
The social work schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Northampton County Area Community College - located in Bethlehem, students are charged $3,270 per year
- Bucks County Community College - located in Newtown, students are charged $3,742 per year
A social work degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
The highest percentage of social work graduates in Pennsylvania pursue careers as a social worker. 8,160 social workers were working in Pennsylvania in 2010. The Pennsylvania counties with the largest populations of social workers are:
- Bucks County - 3,660 social workers
- Allegheny County - 1,350 social workers
- Cumberland County - 420 social workers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of social workers is expected to grow by 7% by 2018. There are projected to be 11,250 social workers working in the Pennsylvania then.
On average, social workers earn $44,600 per year. But, salaries for social workers can vary. In 2010, social workers made as little as less than $18,740 per year or as much as more than $73,960 per year in Pennsylvania. The following counties in Pennsylvania have the highest average salaries for social workers:
- Bucks County - $49,870 per year
- Lebanon County - $46,750 per year
- Cumberland County - $46,490 per year
The following counties in Pennsylvania have the lowest average salaries for social workers:
- Centre County - $35,300 per year
- Bedford County - $35,580 per year
- Clarion County - $35,810 per year
For more data regarding a career in social work in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as human resources or social work, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Social Work in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Social Work in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Social Work in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||17,880||$37,730||16.6%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||9,380||$40,150||-21.1%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||8,160||$44,600||-2.3%|
|Social Workers, All Other||840||$57,700||-70.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Pennsylvania