There are schools offering sociology degrees in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Sociology Programs in Pennsylvania
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a sociology program is University of Pennsylvania, which is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, it was ranked 4th nationwide. 31 students graduated with a degree in sociology from University of Pennsylvania in 2010. Tuition at University of Pennsylvania was $40,514 per year.
Swarthmore College, which was ranked 15th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a sociology program. It is located in Swarthmore. Students at Swarthmore College paid $39,600 per year in tuition fees.
Carnegie Mellon University, which was ranked 15th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a sociology program. It is located in Pittsburgh. Students at Carnegie Mellon University paid $42,136 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Pennsylvania's sociology schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $24,773 per year, though tuition can range from $42,342 per year to $3,870 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania sociology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bucknell University - located in Lewisburg, students are charged $42,342 per year
- Carnegie Mellon University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $42,136 per year
- Dickinson College - located in Carlisle, students are charged $41,520 per year
The sociology schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Reading Area Community College - located in Reading, students are charged $3,870 per year
- Delaware County Community College - located in Media, students are charged $4,120 per year
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania - located in Bloomsburg, students are charged $7,456 per year
A sociology degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
A large number of Pennsylvania sociology graduates become sociologists. 230 sociologists were working in Pennsylvania in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Pennsylvania sociologists:
- Bucks County - 210 sociologists
A sociologist in Pennsylvania earns $84,240 per year on average.
The charts and graphs below have additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in sociology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic psychology or school psychology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sociology in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Sociology in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Sociology in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Sociology in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Sociology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary||1,340||$77,760||6.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sociology related jobs in Pennsylvania