There are schools offering software engineering degrees in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Software Engineering Programs in Pennsylvania
Each year, roughly 0.0% of Pennsylvania students graduate with degrees in software engineering. In other words, every year an estimated 172 software engineers graduate from Pennsylvania's 9 software engineering schools.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania with a software engineering program is Carnegie Mellon University, which is located in Pittsburgh. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. 101 students graduated with a degree in software engineering from Carnegie Mellon University in 2010. Tuition at Carnegie Mellon University was $42,136 per year.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a software engineering program is Drexel University. Drexel University, which was ranked 24th in the country in 2010, is located in Philadelphia. In 2010, 36 students graduated from Drexel University software engineering program. Students at Drexel University paid $33,000 per year in tuition fees.
Allegheny College, which was ranked 24th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a software engineering program. It is located in Meadville. In 2010, Allegheny College graduated 2 students from its software engineering programs. Allegheny College charged in-state students $34,810 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Pennsylvania software engineering school, average tuition will be $25,049 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,720 per year to $42,136 per year. The Pennsylvania software engineering schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Carnegie Mellon University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $42,136 per year
- Villanova University - located in Villanova, students are charged $39,930 per year
- Allegheny College - located in Meadville, students are charged $34,810 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Pennsylvania software engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Montgomery County Community College-Central Campus - located in Blue Bell, students are charged $3,510 per year
- Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Erie-Behrend College - located in Erie, students are charged $13,250 per year
The software engineers with highest average salaries in Pennsylvania were:
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in software engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as software engineering or game development.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Software Engineering in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Software Engineering in Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Degree in Software Engineering in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Software Engineering in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Software Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Computer software engineers, applications||14,480||$83,170|
|Computer software engineers, systems software||10,450||$91,590|
|Computer specialists, all other||5,340||$76,310|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are software engineering related jobs in Pennsylvania