There are schools offering sonography programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Sonography Programs in Pennsylvania
Around 0.1% of Pennsylvania's graduates graduate from sonography certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 262 sonographers graduate from Pennsylvania's 11 sonography schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a sonography program is Great Lakes Institute of Technology. Great Lakes Institute of Technology, which was ranked 65th in the country in 2010, is located in Erie. 28 students graduated with a certificate in sonography from Great Lakes Institute of Technology in 2010.
Misericordia University, which is located in Dallas, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a sonography program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Misericordia University graduated 9 students from its sonography program. Misericordia University charged in-state students $24,990 in tuition fees per year.
Lancaster General College of Nursing & Health Sciences, which is located in Lancaster, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a sonography program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. 8 students graduated with certificate in sonography from Lancaster General College of Nursing & Health Sciences in 2010. Tuition at Lancaster General College of Nursing & Health Sciences was $16,480 per year.
Tuition at Pennsylvania's sonography schools ranges from $25,100 per year to $2,720 per year. But, the average tuition is $11,442 per year. The Pennsylvania sonography schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Sanford-Brown Institute - located in Feasterville Trevose, students are charged $25,100 per year
- Misericordia University - located in Dallas, students are charged $24,990 per year
- Sanford-Brown Institute - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $23,644 per year
The sonography schools in Pennsylvania that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Northampton County Area Community College - located in Bethlehem, students are charged $3,270 per year
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg - located in Harrisburg, students are charged $3,835 per year
A sonography certificate from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
Most people who graduate from sonography school in Pennsylvania go on to work as a sonographer. 2,180 sonographers were working in Pennsylvania in 2010. The largest populations of Pennsylvania sonographers are working in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 790 sonographers
- Allegheny County - 520 sonographers
- Warren County - 140 sonographers
The government projects that the number of sonographers in Pennsylvania will grow by 10%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,450 sonographers working in Pennsylvania.
A sonographer in Pennsylvania earns $59,700 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. sonographers in Pennsylvania had varying salaries from $37,180 to $87,940 per year in 2010. On average a sonographer earns the most in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Bucks County - $66,200 per year
- Adams County - $64,870 per year
- Warren County - $62,450 per year
On average, sonographers earns the least in the following Pennsylvania counties:
- Erie County - $50,390 per year
- Allegheny County - $51,420 per year
- Bedford County - $53,190 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in sonography and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as radiology technology or sonography.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sonography in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Sonography in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Sonography in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Sonography gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers||2,180||$59,700||-8.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sonography related jobs in Pennsylvania