There are schools offering ultrasound technician programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Ultrasound Technology Programs in Pennsylvania
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Pennsylvania graduates receive certificates in ultrasound technology. Thus, Pennsylvania's 11 ultrasound technician schools put out approximately 262 ultrasound technicians each year.
Great Lakes Institute of Technology, which was ranked 65th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a ultrasound technician program. It is located in Erie. 28 students graduated with a certificate in ultrasound technician from Great Lakes Institute of Technology in 2010.
Misericordia University, which is located in Dallas, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a ultrasound technician program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 9 students graduated from Misericordia University ultrasound technician program. Tuition at Misericordia University was $24,990 per year.
Lancaster General College of Nursing & Health Sciences, which is located in Lancaster, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a ultrasound technician program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. 8 students graduated with certificate in ultrasound technician from Lancaster General College of Nursing & Health Sciences in 2010. Students at Lancaster General College of Nursing & Health Sciences paid $16,480 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Pennsylvania's ultrasound technician schools ranges from $25,100 per year to $2,720 per year. But, the average tuition is $11,442 per year. The Pennsylvania ultrasound technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Sanford-Brown Institute - located in Feasterville Trevose, students are charged $25,100 per year
- Misericordia University - located in Dallas, students are charged $24,990 per year
- Sanford-Brown Institute - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $23,644 per year
The ultrasound technician schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Northampton County Area Community College - located in Bethlehem, students are charged $3,270 per year
- Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg - located in Harrisburg, students are charged $3,835 per year
An ultrasound technician certificate from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
The highest percentage of ultrasound technician graduates in Pennsylvania pursue careers as an ultrasound technician. Pennsylvania had 2,180 ultrasound technicians in 2010. The largest populations of Pennsylvania ultrasound technicians are working in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 790 ultrasound technicians
- Allegheny County - 520 ultrasound technicians
- Warren County - 140 ultrasound technicians
The government projects that the number of ultrasound technicians in Pennsylvania will grow by 10%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,450 ultrasound technicians working in Pennsylvania.
An ultrasound technician in Pennsylvania makes an average of $59,700 per year. In 2010, however, some Pennsylvania ultrasound technicians earned as little as less than $37,180 per year or as much as more than $87,940 per year. An ultrasound technician in the following Pennsylvania counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bucks County - $66,200 per year
- Adams County - $64,870 per year
- Warren County - $62,450 per year
The following counties in Pennsylvania have the lowest average salaries for ultrasound technicians:
- Erie County - $50,390 per year
- Allegheny County - $51,420 per year
- Bedford County - $53,190 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Pennsylvania statistics regarding a career in ultrasound technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as ultrasound technology or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Ultrasound Technology in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Ultrasound Technology in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Ultrasound Technology in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Ultrasound Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers||2,180||$59,700||-8.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ultrasound technician related jobs in Pennsylvania