There are schools offering visual communications degrees in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in Pennsylvania
Around 0.3% of Pennsylvania's graduates graduate from visual communications degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,133 visual communications professionals graduate from Pennsylvania's 63 visual communications schools.
University of Pennsylvania, which is located in Philadelphia, is the top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a visual communications program. It received a ranking of 4th in the country in 2010. 6 students graduated with a degree in visual communications from University of Pennsylvania in 2010. Students at University of Pennsylvania paid $40,514 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a visual communications program is Swarthmore College. Swarthmore College, which was ranked 15th in the country in 2010, is located in Swarthmore. Students at Swarthmore College paid $39,600 per year in tuition fees.
Carnegie Mellon University, which is located in Pittsburgh, is the third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a visual communications program. It received a ranking of 16th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 38 students graduated from Carnegie Mellon University visual communications program. Carnegie Mellon University charged in-state students $42,136 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Pennsylvania's visual communications schools ranges from $42,136 per year to $2,700 per year. But, the average tuition is $19,714 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania visual communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- Carnegie Mellon University - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $42,136 per year
- Haverford College - located in Haverford, students are charged $40,624 per year
- University of Pennsylvania - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $40,514 per year
The visual communications schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Pennsylvania were:
- Westmoreland County Community College - located in Youngwood, students are charged $2,700 per year
- Community College of Beaver County - located in Monaca, students are charged $2,796 per year
- Luzerne County Community College - located in Nanticoke, students are charged $3,090 per year
A visual communications degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
Many Pennsylvania visual communications graduates become a video editor, audio visual technician, and artist. Pennsylvania had 10,080 visual communications professionals in 2010. 7,830 of these visual communications professionals were graphic designers, 340 were video editors, and 1,700 were audio visual technicians. The largest populations of Pennsylvania visual communications professional are working in the following counties:
- Bucks County - 4,050 visual communications professionals
- Allegheny County - 2,170 visual communications professionals
- Warren County - 510 visual communications professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of visual communications professionals in the state of Pennsylvania will grow to 13,100. This would require a 8% growth in the field.
On average, visual communications professionals earn a salary of $42,310 per year in Pennsylvania state. However, this number is only an average. Visual communications professional in Pennsylvania had varying salaries from $15,600 to $90,330 per year in 2010. The following counties in Pennsylvania have the highest average salaries for visual communications professionals:
- Bucks County - $47,555 per year
- Warren County - $42,090 per year
- Centre County - $41,650 per year
Visual communications professionals in the following counties in Pennsylvania make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bedford County - $26,170 per year
- Lycoming County - $32,870 per year
- Blair County - $34,880 per year
On average, the highest paid visual communications professionals in Pennsylvania were:
- Artist - $47,670 per year
- Graphic Designer - $43,470 per year
- Video Editor - $40,900 per year
On average, the lowest paid visual communications professionals in Pennsylvania were:
- Video Editor - $40,900 per year
- Audio Visual Technician - $37,200 per year
For more data regarding a career in visual communications in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as visual communications or art, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Visual Communications in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Visual Communications in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||1,700||$37,200||47.8%|
|Film and Video Editors||340||$40,900||30.8%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||210||$47,670||-41.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in Pennsylvania