There are schools offering x ray technician programs in Pennsylvania!
Schools Offering X Ray Technology Programs in Pennsylvania
Around 0.1% of Pennsylvania's graduates graduate from x ray technology degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 300 x ray technicians graduate from Pennsylvania's 12 x ray technician schools.
The top-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a x ray technician program is Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania. Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, which was ranked 35th in the country in 2010, is located in Bloomsburg. In 2010, 3 students graduated from Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania's x ray technician program. Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania charged in-state students $7,456 in tuition fees per year.
Johnson College, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a x ray technician program. It is located in Scranton. In 2010, Johnson College graduated 10 students from its x ray technician program. The tuition rate at Johnson College was $15,872 per year.
The third-ranked school in Pennsylvania that has a x ray technician program is The Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences. The Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, which was ranked 67th in the country in 2010, is located in Reading. In 2010, 46 students graduated from The Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences x ray technician program. Students at The Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences paid $14,095 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Pennsylvania's x ray technician schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $8,354 per year, though tuition can range from $23,520 per year to $2,700 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Pennsylvania x ray technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Holy Family University - located in Philadelphia, students are charged $23,520 per year
- Harcum College - located in Bryn Mawr, students are charged $18,950 per year
- Johnson College - located in Scranton, students are charged $15,872 per year
The x ray technician schools in Pennsylvania that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Westmoreland County Community College - located in Youngwood, students are charged $2,700 per year
- Community College of Allegheny County - located in Pittsburgh, students are charged $2,720 per year
- Northampton County Area Community College - located in Bethlehem, students are charged $3,270 per year
A x ray technician degree from a Pennsylvania school... what next?
The highest percentage of x ray technician graduates in Pennsylvania pursue careers as a x ray technician. 9,940 x ray technicians were working in Pennsylvania in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Pennsylvania x ray technicians:
- Bucks County - 3,240 x ray technicians
- Allegheny County - 2,400 x ray technicians
- Warren County - 710 x ray technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of x ray technicians is expected to grow by 8% by 2018. There are projected to be 11,900 x ray technicians working in the Pennsylvania then.
On average, x ray technicians earn $52,980 per year. The counties in Pennsylvania with the highest average salary for a x ray technician are:
- Bucks County - $58,080 per year
- Lancaster County - $57,670 per year
- York County - $57,050 per year
A x ray technician in the following counties in Pennsylvania make the lowest salaries on average:
- Erie County - $43,410 per year
- Cambria County - $44,340 per year
- Bedford County - $44,840 per year
For more data regarding a career in x ray technology in Pennsylvania and to compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in X Ray Technology in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in X Ray Technology in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in X Ray Technology in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in X Ray Technology in Pennsylvania
Curious what studying X Ray Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Pennsylvania
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Radiologic technologists and technicians||10,780||$51,030|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are x ray technician related jobs in Pennsylvania