There are schools offering business degrees in Rhode Island!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Rhode Island
Each year, roughly 9.3% of Rhode Island students graduate with degrees in business. In other words, every year an estimated 3,352 business professionals graduate from Rhode Island's 12 business schools.
The top-ranked school in Rhode Island that has a business program is Brown University. Brown University, which was ranked 6th in the country in 2010, is located in Providence. 61 students graduated with a degree in business from Brown University in 2010. Students at Brown University paid $40,820 per year in tuition fees.
Providence College, which was ranked 25th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Rhode Island that has a business program. It is located in Providence. In 2010, Providence College graduated 336 students from its business program. Providence College charged in-state students $39,435 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Rhode Island with a business program is Bryant University, which is located in Smithfield. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. In 2010, 792 students graduated from Bryant University business program. Bryant University charged in-state students $33,357 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Rhode Island business school, average tuition will be $19,940 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,652 per year to $40,820 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Rhode Island business schools were charged at the following schools:
- Brown University - located in Providence, students are charged $40,820 per year
- Providence College - located in Providence, students are charged $39,435 per year
- Bryant University - located in Smithfield, students are charged $33,357 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Rhode Island business schools were charged at the following schools:
- Community College of Rhode Island - located in Warwick, students are charged $3,652 per year
- Rhode Island College - located in Providence, students are charged $6,986 per year
- University of Rhode Island - located in Kingston, students are charged $10,476 per year
A business degree from a Rhode Island school... what next?
business graduates in Rhode Island can go into a variety of professions such as chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. In 2010, there were 18,760 business professional working in Rhode Island, including 1,960 business analysts, 1,110 chief executive officers, and 4,600 operations managers. The following counties have the largest number of Rhode Island business professionals:
- Bristol County - 21,810 business professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 23,240 business professionals will be working in Rhode Island. This would require the number of business professional to grow by 12%.
business professionals in Rhode Island make an average of $88,550 per year. Business professionals in the following Rhode Island counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Bristol County - $86,155 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in Rhode Island were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $185,060 per year
- Operations Manager - $126,590 per year
- Financial Manager - $118,440 per year
On average, the lowest paid business professionals in Rhode Island were:
- Budget Analyst - $57,830 per year
- Credit Counselor - $43,770 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Rhode Island statistics regarding a career in business and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Rhode Island
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Rhode Island
- Master's Degree in Business in Rhode Island
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Rhode Island
- Certificate in Business in Rhode Island
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Rhode Island
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||4,600||$126,590||-32.6%|
|Accountants and Auditors||3,190||$68,500||-26.5%|
|Administrative Services Managers||700||$106,120||22.8%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||580||$78,370||16.0%|
|Human Resources Managers||360||$117,480|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||290||$92,460||3.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Rhode Island