There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in South Carolina
Approximately 0.5% of graduates in of South Carolina receive administrative assisting certificates every year. That means an estimated 539 administrative assistants graduate from South Carolina's 21 administrative assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in South Carolina with a administrative assistant program is Forrest Junior College, which is located in Anderson. In 2010, it was ranked 67th nationwide. no students graduated with a certificate in administrative assistant from Forrest Junior College in 2010. Forrest Junior College charged in-state students $9,420 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a administrative assistant program is Bob Jones University. Bob Jones University, which was ranked 73rd in the country in 2010, is located in Greenville. Tuition at Bob Jones University was $12,530 per year.
The third-ranked school in South Carolina with a administrative assistant program is Williamsburg Technical College, which is located in Kingstree. In 2010, it was ranked 88th nationwide. In 2010, 6 students graduated from Williamsburg Technical College administrative assistant program. Williamsburg Technical College charged in-state students $3,264 in tuition fees per year.
Administrative assistant schools in South Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $6,107 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $32,800 per year, or as little as $2,594 per year. The South Carolina administrative assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Virginia College in Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $32,800 per year
- Bob Jones University - located in Greenville, students are charged $12,530 per year
- Virginia College-Greenville - located in Greenville, students are charged $12,400 per year
The administrative assistant schools in South Carolina that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Denmark Technical College - located in Denmark, students are charged $2,594 per year
- Williamsburg Technical College - located in Kingstree, students are charged $3,264 per year
- Northeastern Technical College - located in Cheraw, students are charged $3,342 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a South Carolina school... what next?
A large number of South Carolina administrative assistant graduates become administrative assistants. 10,360 administrative assistants were working in South Carolina in 2010. In South Carolina, the largest numbers of administrative assistants work in the following counties:
- Greenville County - 2,830 administrative assistants
- Calhoun County - 2,300 administrative assistants
- Berkeley County - 1,510 administrative assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of administrative assistants in the state of South Carolina will grow to 16,310. This would require a 10% growth in the profession.
On average, an administrative assistant earns a salary of $42,090 per year in South Carolina state. But, salaries for administrative assistants can vary. In 2010, administrative assistants made as little as less than $22,150 per year or as much as more than $62,710 per year in South Carolina. The following counties in South Carolina have the highest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Calhoun County - $44,670 per year
- Darlington County - $43,970 per year
- Berkeley County - $43,430 per year
The following counties in South Carolina have the lowest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Chesterfield County - $36,780 per year
- Allendale County - $37,140 per year
- Sumter County - $37,460 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in South Carolina
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in South Carolina
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||35,390||$25,710||-1.6%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||28,540||$29,570||5.1%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||10,360||$42,090||-23.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in South Carolina