There are schools offering beauty programs in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Beauty Programs in South Carolina
Each year, roughly 1.1% of South Carolina students graduate with certificates in beauty. In other words, every year an estimated 1,131 beauty professionals graduate from South Carolina's 34 beauty schools.
Charzanne Beauty College, which is located in Greenwood, is the top-ranked school in South Carolina that has a beauty program. It received a ranking of 61st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Charzanne Beauty College graduated 22 students from its beauty program.
Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology, which is located in Rock Hill, is the second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a beauty program. It received a ranking of 66th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 33 students graduated from Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology beauty program.
The third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a beauty program is Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology. Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Spartanburg. In 2010, 65 students graduated from Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology beauty program. Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a South Carolina beauty school, average tuition will be $2,235 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,594 per year to $15,330 per year. In 2010, the following South Carolina beauty schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Miller-Motte Technical College - located in Charleston, students are charged $15,330 per year
- Bob Jones University - located in Greenville, students are charged $12,530 per year
- Virginia College-Greenville - located in Greenville, students are charged $12,400 per year
The beauty schools in South Carolina that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Denmark Technical College - located in Denmark, students are charged $2,594 per year
- Williamsburg Technical College - located in Kingstree, students are charged $3,264 per year
- Central Carolina Technical College - located in Sumter, students are charged $3,380 per year
A beauty certificate from a South Carolina school... what next?
Many South Carolina beauty graduates become a esthetician, cosmetology instructor, and salon manager. In 2010, there were 8,070 beauty professional working in South Carolina, including 3,320 hairdressers, 190 estheticians, and 2,470 cosmetology instructors. The South Carolina counties with the largest populations of beauty professional are:
- Calhoun County - 2,180 beauty professionals
- Berkeley County - 1,350 beauty professionals
- Greenville County - 950 beauty professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of beauty professionals in the state of South Carolina will grow to 11,600. This would require a 10% growth in the field.
On average, beauty professionals earn $34,625 per year. However, South Carolina beauty professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,450 per year to more than $76,860 per year in 2010. On average beauty professional earn the most in the following South Carolina counties:
- Berkeley County - $41,027 per year
- Greenville County - $39,147 per year
- Beaufort County - $36,585 per year
The following counties in South Carolina have the lowest average salaries for beauty professional:
- Chesterfield County - $24,970 per year
- Horry County - $28,325 per year
- Sumter County - $28,940 per year
The beauty professionals with highest average salaries in South Carolina were:
- Cosmetology Instructor - $45,560 per year
- Salon Manager - $32,790 per year
- Hairdresser - $31,000 per year
The beauty professionals with lowest average salaries in South Carolina were:
- Hairdresser - $31,000 per year
- Esthetician - $29,150 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in beauty and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as cosmetology or fashion.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Beauty in South Carolina
- Certificate in Beauty in South Carolina
Curious what studying Beauty gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||3,320||$31,000||-3.5%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||2,470||$45,560||80.3%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers||2,090||$32,790||56.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are beauty related jobs in South Carolina