There are schools offering business administration degrees in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in South Carolina
Each year, roughly 4.9% of South Carolina students graduate with degrees in business administration. Thus, South Carolina's 50 business administration schools put out approximately 4,935 general managers each year.
Clemson University, which was ranked 22nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in South Carolina that has a business administration program. It is located in Clemson. In 2010, Clemson University graduated 328 students from its business administration program. Tuition at Clemson University was $11,908 per year.
The second-ranked school in South Carolina with a business administration program is Furman University, which is located in Greenville. In 2010, it was ranked 23rd nationwide. In 2010, 60 students graduated from Furman University business administration program. Tuition at Furman University was $38,088 per year.
College of Charleston, which was ranked 23rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a business administration program. It is located in Charleston. In 2010, 278 students graduated from College of Charleston business administration program. Tuition at College of Charleston was $10,314 per year.
If you choose to attend a South Carolina business administration school, average tuition will be $13,191 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,365 per year to $38,088 per year. In 2010, the business administration schools that charged the highest tuition rates in South Carolina were:
- Furman University - located in Greenville, students are charged $38,088 per year
- Virginia College in Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $32,800 per year
- Presbyterian College - located in Clinton, students are charged $30,180 per year
The business administration schools in South Carolina that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Tri-County Technical College - located in Pendleton, students are charged $3,365 per year
- Central Carolina Technical College - located in Sumter, students are charged $3,380 per year
- Florence-Darlington Technical College - located in Florence, students are charged $3,422 per year
A business administration degree from a South Carolina school... what next?
The highest percentage of business administration graduates in South Carolina pursue careers as a general manager. If you decide to work as a general manager in South Carolina, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 20,680 South Carolina general managers as of 2010. In South Carolina, the largest numbers of general managers work in the following counties:
- Greenville County - 3,850 general managers
- Berkeley County - 3,750 general managers
- Calhoun County - 3,710 general managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 25,470 general managers will be working in South Carolina state. This would require the number of general managers to shrink by -1%.
On average, general managers earn $104,790 per year. However, this number is only an average. general managers in South Carolina had varying salaries from $36,800 to $165,610 per year in 2010. On average a general manager earns the most in the following South Carolina counties:
- Greenville County - $117,670 per year
- Calhoun County - $109,310 per year
- Berkeley County - $107,590 per year
On average, general managers earns the least in the following South Carolina counties:
- Horry County - $82,270 per year
- Sumter County - $87,930 per year
- Chesterfield County - $91,240 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in business administration. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as project management or administrative assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in South Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in South Carolina
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in South Carolina
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in South Carolina
- Certificate in Business Administration in South Carolina
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||20,680||$104,790||-30.4%|
|Administrative Services Managers||3,060||$71,250||-30.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in South Carolina