There are schools offering business degrees in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Business Programs in South Carolina
Each year, roughly 8.0% of South Carolina students graduate with degrees in business. In other words, every year an estimated 8,069 business professionals graduate from South Carolina's 63 business schools.
The top-ranked school in South Carolina that has a business program is Clemson University. Clemson University, which was ranked 22nd in the country in 2010, is located in Clemson. 820 students graduated with a degree in business from Clemson University in 2010. Clemson University charged in-state students $11,908 in tuition fees per year.
Furman University, which was ranked 23rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a business program. It is located in Greenville. In 2010, Furman University graduated 81 students from its business program. Tuition at Furman University was $38,088 per year.
The third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a business program is Wofford College. Wofford College, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Spartanburg. In 2010, Wofford College graduated 60 students from its business programs. The tuition rate at Wofford College was $31,710 per year.
Business schools in South Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $12,368 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $38,088 per year, or as little as $2,594 per year. In 2010, the following South Carolina business schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Furman University - located in Greenville, students are charged $38,088 per year
- Virginia College in Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $32,800 per year
- Wofford College - located in Spartanburg, students are charged $31,710 per year
The following South Carolina business schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Denmark Technical College - located in Denmark, students are charged $2,594 per year
- Williamsburg Technical College - located in Kingstree, students are charged $3,264 per year
- Northeastern Technical College - located in Cheraw, students are charged $3,342 per year
A business degree from a South Carolina school... what next?
Chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst are the professions of choice for a majority of business graduates in South Carolina. 63,260 business professionals were working in South Carolina in 2010. Of these, 5,460 were business analysts. In addition, 4,680 were chief executive officers, and 20,680 were operations managers. The following counties have the largest number of South Carolina business professionals:
- Calhoun County - 14,160 business professionals
- Greenville County - 12,090 business professionals
- Berkeley County - 10,860 business professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of business professionals in the state of South Carolina will grow to 83,940. This would require a 11% growth in the field.
business professionals in South Carolina make an average of $77,061 per year. However, this number is only an average. Business professional in South Carolina had varying salaries from $16,020 to $165,610 per year in 2010. Business professionals in the following South Carolina counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Anderson County - $87,747 per year
- Beaufort County - $86,934 per year
- Spartanburg County - $82,797 per year
The following counties in South Carolina have the lowest average salaries for business professional:
- Chesterfield County - $71,889 per year
- Abbeville County - $73,413 per year
- Calhoun County - $78,037 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in South Carolina were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $167,710 per year
- Operations Manager - $104,790 per year
- Financial Manager - $98,370 per year
On average, the lowest paid business professionals in South Carolina were:
- Insurance Underwriter - $55,230 per year
- Credit Counselor - $44,940 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in business and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in South Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in South Carolina
- Master's Degree in Business in South Carolina
- Doctoral Degree in Business in South Carolina
- Certificate in Business in South Carolina
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||20,680||$104,790||-30.4%|
|Accountants and Auditors||12,740||$59,240||8.1%|
|Administrative Services Managers||3,060||$71,250||-30.6%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||1,510||$69,590||2.7%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||1,270||$80,350||19.8%|
|Human Resources Managers||560||$92,170|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in South Carolina