There are schools offering cosmetology programs in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in South Carolina
Around 1.1% of South Carolina's graduates graduate from cosmetology certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,131 cosmetologists graduate from South Carolina's 34 cosmetology schools.
Charzanne Beauty College, which is located in Greenwood, is the top-ranked school in South Carolina that has a cosmetology program. It received a ranking of 61st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Charzanne Beauty College graduated 22 students from its cosmetology program.
The second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a cosmetology program is Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology. Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in Rock Hill. In 2010, Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology graduated 33 students from its cosmetology program.
The third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a cosmetology program is Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology. Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Spartanburg. In 2010, Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology graduated 65 students from its cosmetology programs. Tuition at Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology was $0 per year.
Cosmetology schools in South Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $2,235 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $15,330 per year, or as little as $2,594 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at South Carolina cosmetology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Miller-Motte Technical College - located in Charleston, students are charged $15,330 per year
- Bob Jones University - located in Greenville, students are charged $12,530 per year
- Virginia College-Greenville - located in Greenville, students are charged $12,400 per year
The following South Carolina cosmetology schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Denmark Technical College - located in Denmark, students are charged $2,594 per year
- Williamsburg Technical College - located in Kingstree, students are charged $3,264 per year
- Central Carolina Technical College - located in Sumter, students are charged $3,380 per year
A cosmetology certificate from a South Carolina school... what next?
The highest percentage of cosmetology graduates in South Carolina pursue careers as a cosmetologist. South Carolina had 3,320 cosmetologists in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of South Carolina cosmetologists:
- Calhoun County - 830 cosmetologists
- Berkeley County - 820 cosmetologists
- Greenville County - 480 cosmetologists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of cosmetologists is expected to grow by 12% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,260 cosmetologists working in the South Carolina then.
On average, a cosmetologist earns a salary of $31,000 per year in South Carolina state. However, South Carolina cosmetologists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,650 per year to more than $76,860 per year in 2010. A cosmetologist in the following South Carolina counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Anderson County - $36,930 per year
- Berkeley County - $36,450 per year
- Beaufort County - $36,410 per year
A cosmetologist in the following counties in South Carolina make the lowest salaries on average:
- Allendale County - $25,050 per year
- Spartanburg County - $26,810 per year
- Greenville County - $27,510 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Cosmetology in South Carolina
- Certificate in Cosmetology in South Carolina
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||3,320||$31,000||-3.5%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||390||$22,010||77.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in South Carolina