There are schools offering educational leadership programs in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in South Carolina
Each year, roughly 0.4% of South Carolina students graduate with degrees in educational leadership. In other words, every year an estimated 425 educational leadership professonals graduate from South Carolina's 13 educational leadership schools.
Clemson University, which was ranked 22nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in South Carolina that has a educational leadership program. It is located in Clemson. In 2010, Clemson University graduated 93 students from its educational leadership program. Tuition at Clemson University was $11,908 per year.
Furman University, which is located in Greenville, is the second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a educational leadership program. It received a ranking of 23rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 6 students graduated from Furman University educational leadership program. Tuition at Furman University was $38,088 per year.
The third-ranked school in South Carolina with a educational leadership program is Winthrop University, which is located in Rock Hill. In 2010, it was ranked 36th nationwide. In 2010, Winthrop University graduated 68 students from its educational leadership programs. Students at Winthrop University paid $12,176 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of South Carolina's educational leadership schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $15,747 per year, though tuition can range from $38,088 per year to $8,424 per year. In 2010, the following South Carolina educational leadership schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Furman University - located in Greenville, students are charged $38,088 per year
- Converse College - located in Spartanburg, students are charged $26,138 per year
- Anderson University - located in Anderson, students are charged $19,950 per year
The following South Carolina educational leadership schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- University of South Carolina-Aiken - located in Aiken, students are charged $8,424 per year
- South Carolina State University - located in Orangeburg, students are charged $9,198 per year
- Coastal Carolina University - located in Conway, students are charged $9,390 per year
An educational leadership degree from a South Carolina school... what next?
Preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator are the professions of choice for a majority of educational leadership graduates in South Carolina. In 2010, there were 6,630 educational leadership professonal working in South Carolina, including 3,140 middle school principals, 500 preschool directors, and 1,690 deans. The largest populations of South Carolina educational leadership professonal are working in the following counties:
- Calhoun County - 1,330 educational leadership professonals
- Greenville County - 980 educational leadership professonals
- Berkeley County - 650 educational leadership professonals
The government projects that the number of educational leadership professonals in South Carolina will grow by 13%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 6,910 educational leadership professonals working in South Carolina. The greatest growth for educational leadership professonal is predicted to be amongst Distance Learning Coordinators, who are expected to increase by 31% by 2018.
On average, educational leadership professonals earn a salary of $72,828 per year in South Carolina state. However, South Carolina educational leadership professonal earned anywhere in the range from as less than $20,690 per year to more than $155,560 per year in 2010. Educational leadership professonals in the following South Carolina counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Calhoun County - $92,753 per year
- Chesterfield County - $84,380 per year
- Allendale County - $82,647 per year
Educational leadership professonals in the following counties in South Carolina make the lowest salaries on average:
- Spartanburg County - $64,433 per year
- Greenville County - $66,413 per year
- Berkeley County - $70,657 per year
On average, the highest paid educational leadership professonals in South Carolina were:
- Dean - $84,930 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $81,960 per year
- Middle School Principal - $81,630 per year
On average, the lowest paid educational leadership professonals in South Carolina were:
- Middle School Principal - $81,630 per year
- Preschool Director - $42,790 per year
For more data regarding a career in educational leadership in South Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or special education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in South Carolina
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in South Carolina
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||3,140||$81,630||0.3%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||1,690||$84,930||16.6%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||1,300||$81,960||319.4%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||500||$42,790||2.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in South Carolina