There are schools offering electrical engineering degrees in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Electrical Engineering Programs in South Carolina
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of South Carolina receive electrical engineering degrees every year. That means an estimated 268 electrical engineers graduate from South Carolina's 20 electrical engineering schools each year.
The top-ranked school in South Carolina with a electrical engineering program is South Carolina State University, which is located in Orangeburg. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. In 2010, South Carolina State University graduated 15 students from its electrical engineering program. The tuition rate at South Carolina State University was $9,198 per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Greenville, which is located in Greenville, is the second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a electrical engineering program. It received a ranking of 78th in the country in 2010. 27 students graduated with degree in electrical engineering from ITT Technical Institute-Greenville in 2010. Students at ITT Technical Institute-Greenville paid $18,048 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a electrical engineering program is Benedict College. Benedict College, which was ranked 85th in the country in 2010, is located in Columbia. In 2010, Benedict College graduated 8 students from its electrical engineering programs. The tuition rate at Benedict College was $16,370 per year.
Tuition at South Carolina's electrical engineering schools ranges from $18,048 per year to $3,342 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,156 per year. In 2010, the electrical engineering schools that charged the highest tuition rates in South Carolina were:
- ITT Technical Institute-Columbia - located in Columbia, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Greenville - located in Greenville, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Benedict College - located in Columbia, students are charged $16,370 per year
The electrical engineering schools in South Carolina that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Northeastern Technical College - located in Cheraw, students are charged $3,342 per year
- Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College - located in Orangeburg, students are charged $3,349 per year
- Tri-County Technical College - located in Pendleton, students are charged $3,365 per year
An electrical engineering degree from a South Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from electrical engineering school in South Carolina go on to work as an electrical engineer. If you decide to work as an electrical engineer in South Carolina, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,210 South Carolina electrical engineers as of 2010. In South Carolina, the largest numbers of electrical engineers work in the following counties:
- Calhoun County - 420 electrical engineers
- Berkeley County - 360 electrical engineers
- Greenville County - 330 electrical engineers
An electrical engineer in South Carolina earns $82,370 per year on average. In 2010, however, some South Carolina electrical engineers earned as little as less than $36,600 per year or as much as more than $116,950 per year. The counties in South Carolina with the highest average salary for an electrical engineer are:
- Beaufort County - $90,250 per year
- Abbeville County - $87,540 per year
- Calhoun County - $85,890 per year
An electrical engineer in the following counties in South Carolina make the lowest salaries on average:
- Sumter County - $57,910 per year
- Horry County - $69,550 per year
- Allendale County - $71,750 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in electrical engineering. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as electrical engineering or civil engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering in South Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering in South Carolina
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering in South Carolina
Curious what studying Electrical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||2,290||$54,490||-27.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrical engineering related jobs in South Carolina