There are schools offering finance degrees in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Finance Programs in South Carolina
Around 0.6% of South Carolina's graduates graduate from finance degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 603 finance professionals graduate from South Carolina's 13 finance schools.
The top-ranked school in South Carolina that has a finance program is Clemson University. Clemson University, which was ranked 22nd in the country in 2010, is located in Clemson. In 2010, Clemson University graduated 162 students from its finance program. Clemson University charged in-state students $11,908 in tuition fees per year.
Wofford College, which is located in Spartanburg, is the second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a finance program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Wofford College graduated 86 students from its finance program. Tuition at Wofford College was $31,710 per year.
The third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a finance program is Francis Marion University. Francis Marion University, which was ranked 47th in the country in 2010, is located in Florence. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Francis Marion University finance program. The tuition rate at Francis Marion University was $8,480 per year.
Finance schools in South Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $14,673 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $31,710 per year, or as little as $3,636 per year. The South Carolina finance schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Wofford College - located in Spartanburg, students are charged $31,710 per year
- Presbyterian College - located in Clinton, students are charged $30,180 per year
- Charleston Southern University - located in Charleston, students are charged $19,854 per year
The finance schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in South Carolina were:
- Greenville Technical College - located in Greenville, students are charged $3,636 per year
- Francis Marion University - located in Florence, students are charged $8,480 per year
- South Carolina State University - located in Orangeburg, students are charged $9,198 per year
A finance degree from a South Carolina school... what next?
Auditor, financial quantitative analyst, financial examiner, credit analyst, and sales agent are the professions of choice for a majority of finance graduates in South Carolina. If you decide to work as a finance professional in South Carolina, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 25,540 South Carolina finance professional as of 2010. This number includes 470 budget analysts, 12,740 auditors, and 770 financial quantitative analysts. The South Carolina counties with the largest populations of finance professional are:
- Calhoun County - 5,820 finance professionals
- Berkeley County - 4,510 finance professionals
- Greenville County - 4,470 finance professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of finance professionals is expected to grow by 11% by 2018. There are projected to be 33,790 finance professionals working in South Carolina then. Of these 33,790 finance professionals, the government predicts that 520 will be budget analysts, 18,200 will be auditors, and 930 will be financial quantitative analysts.
finance professionals in South Carolina earn $66,978 per year on average. However, South Carolina finance professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $20,100 per year to more than $163,980 per year in 2010. The counties in South Carolina with the highest average salary for finance professionals are:
- Horry County - $77,713 per year
- Anderson County - $75,190 per year
- Sumter County - $74,450 per year
The following counties in South Carolina have the lowest average salaries for finance professional:
- Chesterfield County - $57,365 per year
- Abbeville County - $59,613 per year
- Allendale County - $63,367 per year
On average, the highest paid finance professionals in South Carolina were:
- Branch Financial Manager - $98,370 per year
- Sales Agent - $90,580 per year
- Financial Examiner - $72,470 per year
The finance professionals with lowest average salaries in South Carolina were:
- Credit Analyst - $57,260 per year
- Loan Counselor - $44,940 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in finance. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance in South Carolina
- Master's Degree in Finance in South Carolina
- Certificate in Finance in South Carolina
Curious what studying Finance gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Accountants and Auditors||12,740||$59,240||8.1%|
|Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents||1,690||$90,580||-0.6%|
|Financial Specialists, All Other||770||$59,890|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are finance related jobs in South Carolina