There are schools offering LPN programs in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in South Carolina
The top-ranked school in South Carolina with a LPN program is Williamsburg Technical College, which is located in Kingstree. In 2010, it was ranked 88th nationwide. In 2010, Williamsburg Technical College graduated 19 students from its LPN program. The tuition rate at Williamsburg Technical College was $3,264 per year.
The second-ranked school in South Carolina with a LPN program is Denmark Technical College, which is located in Denmark. In 2010, it was ranked 89th nationwide. 9 students graduated with certificate in LPN from Denmark Technical College in 2010. The tuition rate at Denmark Technical College was $2,594 per year.
Piedmont Technical College, which is located in Greenwood, is the third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a LPN program. It received a ranking of 89th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 39 students graduated from Piedmont Technical College LPN program. Tuition at Piedmont Technical College was $3,662 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of South Carolina's LPN schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,428 per year, though tuition can range from $3,728 per year to $2,594 per year. In 2010, the following South Carolina LPN schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Midlands Technical College - located in West Columbia, students are charged $3,728 per year
- Aiken Technical College - located in Graniteville, students are charged $3,706 per year
- Piedmont Technical College - located in Greenwood, students are charged $3,662 per year
The LPN schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in South Carolina were:
- Denmark Technical College - located in Denmark, students are charged $2,594 per year
- Williamsburg Technical College - located in Kingstree, students are charged $3,264 per year
- Northeastern Technical College - located in Cheraw, students are charged $3,342 per year
A LPN certificate from a South Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from LPN school in South Carolina go on to work as a licensed practical nurse. If you decide to work as a licensed practical nurse in South Carolina, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 9,960 South Carolina licensed practical nurses as of 2010. The South Carolina counties with the largest populations of licensed practical nurses are:
- Calhoun County - 1,790 licensed practical nurses
- Berkeley County - 1,360 licensed practical nurses
- Greenville County - 1,310 licensed practical nurses
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of licensed practical nurses is expected to grow by 19% by 2018. There are projected to be 11,850 licensed practical nurses working in the South Carolina then.
A licensed practical nurse in South Carolina earns $37,770 per year on average. However, South Carolina licensed practical nurses earned anywhere in the range from as less than $25,060 per year to more than $52,120 per year in 2010. The following counties in South Carolina have the highest average salaries for licensed practical nurses:
- Berkeley County - $41,120 per year
- Calhoun County - $39,910 per year
- Allendale County - $38,470 per year
The South Carolina counties with the lowest average salary for licensed practical nurses are:
- Abbeville County - $33,550 per year
- Horry County - $34,270 per year
- Chesterfield County - $34,980 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as LPN or RN to MSN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nursing in South Carolina
Curious what studying LPN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||9,960||$37,770||-6.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LPN related jobs in South Carolina