There are schools offering LVN programs in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in South Carolina
The top-ranked school in South Carolina with a LVN program is Williamsburg Technical College, which is located in Kingstree. In 2010, it was ranked 88th nationwide. In 2010, Williamsburg Technical College graduated 19 students from its LVN program. The tuition rate at Williamsburg Technical College was $3,264 per year.
Denmark Technical College, which is located in Denmark, is the second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a LVN program. It received a ranking of 89th in the country in 2010. 9 students graduated with certificate in LVN from Denmark Technical College in 2010. Tuition at Denmark Technical College was $2,594 per year.
The third-ranked school in South Carolina with a LVN program is Piedmont Technical College, which is located in Greenwood. In 2010, it was ranked 89th nationwide. In 2010, 39 students graduated from Piedmont Technical College LVN program. Piedmont Technical College charged in-state students $3,662 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of South Carolina's LVN schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,428 per year, though tuition can range from $3,728 per year to $2,594 per year. In 2010, the following South Carolina LVN schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Midlands Technical College - located in West Columbia, students are charged $3,728 per year
- Aiken Technical College - located in Graniteville, students are charged $3,706 per year
- Piedmont Technical College - located in Greenwood, students are charged $3,662 per year
The LVN schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in South Carolina were:
- Denmark Technical College - located in Denmark, students are charged $2,594 per year
- Williamsburg Technical College - located in Kingstree, students are charged $3,264 per year
- Northeastern Technical College - located in Cheraw, students are charged $3,342 per year
A LVN certificate from a South Carolina school... what next?
The highest percentage of LVN graduates in South Carolina pursue careers as a licensed vocational nurse. 9,960 licensed vocational nurses were working in South Carolina in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of South Carolina licensed vocational nurses:
- Calhoun County - 1,790 licensed vocational nurses
- Berkeley County - 1,360 licensed vocational nurses
- Greenville County - 1,310 licensed vocational nurses
The government projects that the number of licensed vocational nurses in South Carolina will grow by 19%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 11,850 licensed vocational nurses working in South Carolina.
A licensed vocational nurse in South Carolina earns $37,770 per year on average. In 2010, however, some South Carolina licensed vocational nurses earned as little as less than $25,060 per year or as much as more than $52,120 per year. On average a licensed vocational nurse earns the most in the following South Carolina counties:
- Berkeley County - $41,120 per year
- Calhoun County - $39,910 per year
- Allendale County - $38,470 per year
On average, licensed vocational nurses earns the least in the following South Carolina counties:
- Abbeville County - $33,550 per year
- Horry County - $34,270 per year
- Chesterfield County - $34,980 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or RN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nursing in South Carolina
Curious what studying LVN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||9,960||$37,770||-6.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LVN related jobs in South Carolina