There are schools offering management courses in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Management Programs in South Carolina
Clemson University, which is located in Clemson, is the top-ranked school in South Carolina that has a management program. It received a ranking of 22nd in the country in 2010. 215 students graduated with a degree in management from Clemson University in 2010. The tuition rate at Clemson University was $11,908 per year.
The second-ranked school in South Carolina with a management program is Winthrop University, which is located in Rock Hill. In 2010, it was ranked 36th nationwide. 23 students graduated with degree in management from Winthrop University in 2010. Tuition at Winthrop University was $12,176 per year.
North Greenville University, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a management program. It is located in Tigerville. 22 students graduated with degree in management from North Greenville University in 2010. Tuition at North Greenville University was $12,820 per year.
If you choose to attend a South Carolina management school, average tuition will be $10,949 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,594 per year to $32,800 per year. In 2010, the following South Carolina management schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Virginia College in Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $32,800 per year
- Erskine College and Seminary - located in Due West, students are charged $26,775 per year
- Newberry College - located in Newberry, students are charged $22,518 per year
The management schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in South Carolina were:
- Denmark Technical College - located in Denmark, students are charged $2,594 per year
- Williamsburg Technical College - located in Kingstree, students are charged $3,264 per year
- Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College - located in Orangeburg, students are charged $3,349 per year
A management degree from a South Carolina school... what next?
A large number of South Carolina management graduates become managers. In 2010, there were 20,680 managers working in South Carolina. The following counties have the largest number of South Carolina managers:
- Greenville County - 3,850 managers
- Berkeley County - 3,750 managers
- Calhoun County - 3,710 managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 25,470 managers will be working in South Carolina state. This would require the number of managers to shrink by -1%.
A manager in South Carolina earns $104,790 per year on average. In 2010, however, some South Carolina managers earned as little as less than $36,800 per year or as much as more than $165,610 per year. The counties in South Carolina with the highest average salary for a manager are:
- Greenville County - $117,670 per year
- Calhoun County - $109,310 per year
- Berkeley County - $107,590 per year
The following counties in South Carolina have the lowest average salaries for managers:
- Horry County - $82,270 per year
- Sumter County - $87,930 per year
- Chesterfield County - $91,240 per year
For more data regarding a career in management in South Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in South Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in South Carolina
- Master's Degree in Management in South Carolina
- Doctoral Degree in Management in South Carolina
- Certificate in Management in South Carolina
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||20,830||$37,920||19.6%|
|General and Operations Managers||20,680||$104,790||-30.4%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||4,550||$81,560||40.0%|
|Food Service Managers||2,930||$51,560||4.6%|
|Managers, All Other||2,800||$74,630||68.7%|
|Industrial Production Managers||2,730||$86,420||5.8%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||1,400||$57,750||-16.2%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||680||$77,620||-22.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in South Carolina