There are schools offering MBA programs in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in South Carolina
Approximately 3.5% of graduates in of South Carolina receive business administration degrees every year. That means an estimated 3,533 general managers graduate from South Carolina's 46 MBA schools each year.
The top-ranked school in South Carolina that has a MBA program is Clemson University. Clemson University, which was ranked 22nd in the country in 2010, is located in Clemson. In 2010, 315 students graduated from Clemson University's MBA program. Clemson University charged in-state students $11,908 in tuition fees per year.
Furman University, which was ranked 23rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a MBA program. It is located in Greenville. In 2010, 60 students graduated from Furman University MBA program. Furman University charged in-state students $38,088 in tuition fees per year.
College of Charleston, which was ranked 23rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a MBA program. It is located in Charleston. In 2010, 278 students graduated from College of Charleston MBA program. Students at College of Charleston paid $10,314 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at South Carolina's MBA schools ranges from $38,088 per year to $3,365 per year. But, the average tuition is $12,914 per year. In 2010, the MBA schools that charged the highest tuition rates in South Carolina were:
- Furman University - located in Greenville, students are charged $38,088 per year
- Virginia College in Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $32,800 per year
- Presbyterian College - located in Clinton, students are charged $30,180 per year
The lowest tuition rates at South Carolina MBA schools were charged at the following schools:
- Tri-County Technical College - located in Pendleton, students are charged $3,365 per year
- Central Carolina Technical College - located in Sumter, students are charged $3,380 per year
- Florence-Darlington Technical College - located in Florence, students are charged $3,422 per year
A MBA degree from a South Carolina school... what next?
A large number of South Carolina MBA graduates become general managers. If you decide to work as a general manager in South Carolina, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 20,680 South Carolina general managers as of 2010. The largest populations of South Carolina general managers are working in the following counties:
- Greenville County - 3,850 general managers
- Berkeley County - 3,750 general managers
- Calhoun County - 3,710 general managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of general managers in the state of South Carolina will shrink to 25,470. This would require a -1% decline in the profession.
A general manager in South Carolina makes an average of $104,790 per year. However, South Carolina general managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $36,800 per year to more than $165,610 per year in 2010. The counties in South Carolina with the highest average salary for a general manager are:
- Greenville County - $117,670 per year
- Calhoun County - $109,310 per year
- Berkeley County - $107,590 per year
The South Carolina counties with the lowest average salary for general managers are:
- Horry County - $82,270 per year
- Sumter County - $87,930 per year
- Chesterfield County - $91,240 per year
For more data regarding a career in business administration in South Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in South Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in South Carolina
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in South Carolina
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in South Carolina
- Certificate in Business Administration in South Carolina
Curious what studying MBA gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||20,680||$104,790||-30.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are MBA related jobs in South Carolina