There are schools offering medical assistant programs in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in South Carolina
Around 0.9% of South Carolina's graduates graduate from medical assisting certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 891 medical assistants graduate from South Carolina's 21 medical assistant schools each year.
Southeastern Institute-Charleston, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in South Carolina that has a medical assistant program. It is located in Charleston. 16 students graduated with a certificate in medical assistant from Southeastern Institute-Charleston in 2010.
The second-ranked school in South Carolina with a medical assistant program is Forrest Junior College, which is located in Anderson. In 2010, it was ranked 67th nationwide. In 2010, Forrest Junior College graduated 0 students from its medical assistant program. The tuition rate at Forrest Junior College was $9,420 per year.
Southeastern Institute-Columbia, which is located in Columbia, is the third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 67th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Southeastern Institute-Columbia graduated 31 students from its medical assistant programs. Students at Southeastern Institute-Columbia paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at South Carolina's medical assistant schools ranges from $32,800 per year to $3,349 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,265 per year. The South Carolina medical assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Virginia College in Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $32,800 per year
- Miller-Motte Technical College - located in Charleston, students are charged $15,330 per year
- South University-Columbia - located in Columbia, students are charged $15,285 per year
The following South Carolina medical assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College - located in Orangeburg, students are charged $3,349 per year
- Tri-County Technical College - located in Pendleton, students are charged $3,365 per year
- Central Carolina Technical College - located in Sumter, students are charged $3,380 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a South Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from medical assistant school in South Carolina go on to work as a medical assistant. 7,310 medical assistants were working in South Carolina in 2010. The South Carolina counties with the largest populations of medical assistants are:
- Berkeley County - 1,780 medical assistants
- Greenville County - 1,290 medical assistants
- Calhoun County - 1,260 medical assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of medical assistants is expected to grow by 33% by 2018. There are projected to be 9,480 medical assistants working in the South Carolina then.
A medical assistant in South Carolina makes an average of $29,050 per year. But, salaries for medical assistants can vary. In 2010, medical assistants made as little as less than $15,840 per year or as much as more than $45,270 per year in South Carolina. The counties in South Carolina with the highest average salary for a medical assistant are:
- Allendale County - $33,570 per year
- Greenville County - $30,890 per year
- Calhoun County - $30,500 per year
On average, medical assistants earns the least in the following South Carolina counties:
- Chesterfield County - $23,220 per year
- Sumter County - $25,350 per year
- Darlington County - $26,100 per year
For more data regarding a career in medical assisting in South Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in South Carolina
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in South Carolina
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in South Carolina
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in South Carolina