There are schools offering paralegal programs in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in South Carolina
The top-ranked school in South Carolina with a paralegal program is Miller-Motte Technical College, which is located in Charleston. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. 9 students graduated with a degree in paralegal from Miller-Motte Technical College in 2010. Miller-Motte Technical College charged in-state students $15,330 in tuition fees per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Greenville, which was ranked 78th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a paralegal program. It is located in Greenville. In 2010, ITT Technical Institute-Greenville graduated 0 students from its paralegal program. The tuition rate at ITT Technical Institute-Greenville was $18,048 per year.
The third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a paralegal program is South University-Columbia. South University-Columbia, which was ranked 82nd in the country in 2010, is located in Columbia. 24 students graduated with degree in paralegal from South University-Columbia in 2010. South University-Columbia charged in-state students $15,285 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a South Carolina paralegal school, average tuition will be $8,806 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,349 per year to $32,800 per year. In 2010, the following South Carolina paralegal schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Virginia College in Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $32,800 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Greenville - located in Greenville, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Miller-Motte Technical College - located in Charleston, students are charged $15,330 per year
The paralegal schools in South Carolina that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College - located in Orangeburg, students are charged $3,349 per year
- Central Carolina Technical College - located in Sumter, students are charged $3,380 per year
- Florence-Darlington Technical College - located in Florence, students are charged $3,422 per year
A paralegal degree from a South Carolina school... what next?
A large number of South Carolina paralegal graduates become paralegals. South Carolina had 3,750 paralegals in 2010. In South Carolina, the largest numbers of paralegals work in the following counties:
- Calhoun County - 1,170 paralegals
- Berkeley County - 680 paralegals
- Greenville County - 500 paralegals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of paralegals is expected to grow by 23% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,880 paralegals working in the South Carolina then.
On average, paralegals earn $42,820 per year. In 2010, however, some South Carolina paralegals earned as little as less than $24,520 per year or as much as more than $79,960 per year. The following counties in South Carolina have the highest average salaries for paralegals:
- Calhoun County - $49,350 per year
- Berkeley County - $45,950 per year
- Beaufort County - $39,970 per year
On average, paralegals earns the least in the following South Carolina counties:
- Sumter County - $33,650 per year
- Abbeville County - $33,940 per year
- Darlington County - $34,010 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in South Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in South Carolina
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in South Carolina
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||3,750||$42,820||15.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in South Carolina