There are schools offering personal training certifications in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in South Carolina
Around 0.0% of South Carolina's graduates graduate from personal training degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 42 personal trainers graduate from South Carolina's 6 personal training schools.
The top-ranked school in South Carolina that has a personal training program is College of Charleston. College of Charleston, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Charleston. 5 students graduated with a degree in personal training from College of Charleston in 2010. Students at College of Charleston paid $10,314 per year in tuition fees.
Winthrop University, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a personal training program. It is located in Rock Hill. In 2010, Winthrop University graduated 4 students from its personal training program. The tuition rate at Winthrop University was $12,176 per year.
Lander University, which is located in Greenwood, is the third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a personal training program. It received a ranking of 45th in the country in 2010. 2 students graduated with degree in personal training from Lander University in 2010. Lander University charged in-state students $9,154 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of South Carolina's personal training schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $16,246 per year, though tuition can range from $26,775 per year to $9,154 per year. In 2010, the personal training schools that charged the highest tuition rates in South Carolina were:
- Erskine College and Seminary - located in Due West, students are charged $26,775 per year
- Charleston Southern University - located in Charleston, students are charged $19,854 per year
- Limestone College - located in Gaffney, students are charged $19,200 per year
The personal training schools in South Carolina that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Lander University - located in Greenwood, students are charged $9,154 per year
- College of Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $10,314 per year
- Winthrop University - located in Rock Hill, students are charged $12,176 per year
A personal training degree from a South Carolina school... what next?
A large number of South Carolina personal training graduates become personal trainers. In 2010, there were 2,450 personal trainers working in South Carolina. The following counties have the largest number of South Carolina personal trainers:
- Calhoun County - 540 personal trainers
- Berkeley County - 510 personal trainers
- Greenville County - 400 personal trainers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of personal trainers is expected to grow by 22% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,140 personal trainers working in the South Carolina then.
On average, a personal trainer earns a salary of $30,000 per year in South Carolina state. However, South Carolina personal trainers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,480 per year to more than $59,080 per year in 2010. On average a personal trainer earns the most in the following South Carolina counties:
- Berkeley County - $34,130 per year
- Beaufort County - $33,860 per year
- Greenville County - $32,670 per year
A personal trainer in the following counties in South Carolina make the lowest salaries on average:
- Abbeville County - $21,150 per year
- Spartanburg County - $24,850 per year
- Horry County - $26,640 per year
For more data regarding a career in personal training in South Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in South Carolina
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||2,450||$30,000||0.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in South Carolina