There are schools offering pharmacy technician programs in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in South Carolina
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of South Carolina receive pharmacy technician training certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 112 pharmacy technicians graduate from South Carolina's 12 pharmacy technician schools.
Denmark Technical College, which is located in Denmark, is the top-ranked school in South Carolina that has a pharmacy technician program. It received a ranking of 89th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Denmark Technical College's pharmacy technician program. The tuition rate at Denmark Technical College was $2,594 per year.
The second-ranked school in South Carolina with a pharmacy technician program is Piedmont Technical College, which is located in Greenwood. In 2010, it was ranked 89th nationwide. In 2010, Piedmont Technical College graduated 3 students from its pharmacy technician program. Students at Piedmont Technical College paid $3,662 per year in tuition fees.
Horry-Georgetown Technical College, which is located in Conway, is the third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a pharmacy technician program. It received a ranking of 90th in the country in 2010. 7 students graduated with certificate in pharmacy technician from Horry-Georgetown Technical College in 2010. Tuition at Horry-Georgetown Technical College was $3,446 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of South Carolina's pharmacy technician schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,951 per year, though tuition can range from $32,800 per year to $2,594 per year. The South Carolina pharmacy technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Virginia College in Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $32,800 per year
- Virginia College-Greenville - located in Greenville, students are charged $12,400 per year
- Midlands Technical College - located in West Columbia, students are charged $3,728 per year
The following South Carolina pharmacy technician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Denmark Technical College - located in Denmark, students are charged $2,594 per year
- Central Carolina Technical College - located in Sumter, students are charged $3,380 per year
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College - located in Conway, students are charged $3,446 per year
A pharmacy technician certificate from a South Carolina school... what next?
A large number of South Carolina pharmacy technician graduates become pharmacy technicians. South Carolina had 6,070 pharmacy technicians in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of South Carolina pharmacy technicians:
- Greenville County - 1,050 pharmacy technicians
- Calhoun County - 960 pharmacy technicians
- Berkeley County - 940 pharmacy technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of pharmacy technicians is expected to grow by 38% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,630 pharmacy technicians working in the South Carolina then.
A pharmacy technician in South Carolina makes an average of $26,600 per year. But, salaries for pharmacy technicians can vary. In 2010, pharmacy technicians made as little as less than $16,110 per year or as much as more than $40,380 per year in South Carolina. On average a pharmacy technician earns the most in the following South Carolina counties:
- Anderson County - $29,320 per year
- Berkeley County - $29,020 per year
- Spartanburg County - $27,680 per year
A pharmacy technician in the following counties in South Carolina make the lowest salaries on average:
- Horry County - $23,650 per year
- Allendale County - $24,580 per year
- Sumter County - $25,500 per year
For more data regarding a career in pharmacy technician training in South Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or physician assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Training in South Carolina
Curious what studying Pharmacy Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pharmacy technician related jobs in South Carolina